PC Gaming News

GvG Monthly has a certain lack of....fighting

SO watching all of [rawr]'s fights and in nearly EVERY MATCH they don't even engage. They stare at the opponent for 20 minutes until VOD....

And the opponents seem to be OK with that.

Seriously, is this what we have come to?
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

GWOnline.Net Member
    Maybe it was just showing the lack of skill and/or thinking of the opposing teams? Like against Me. They had one war splitting for npcs early with one war running with the rit picking it up right after the stream area. Clearly just playing for VoD. Me would split their ele and then later their Rit when rawr split their rit back later. Me was just playing hoping to get a spike through and didn't try to force anything. A lot of the other games were similar to this. sts vs rawr seemed to be who could auto-attack the most then at VoD who could spike 2 or more targets at one time the best?

Dunno maybe there is still too much defense in the game. Or maybe too much stupid players getting to high levels by running gimmick stuff. Either way I found for the first time MaT to be extremely boring.

I have yet to watch a MAT that was entertaining, VoDBlockway is not fun to watch. Blind warriors linebacking blind warriors is pretty much the most boring thing I've ever seen. So...I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by slipVaYnE View Post
    I have yet to watch a MAT that was entertaining, VoDBlockway is not fun to watch. Blind warriors linebacking blind warriors is pretty much the most boring thing I've ever seen. So...I dunno.
    Because Izzy's skill balances promote spike based gameplay. Lightning orb that does cracked armor? Scythe assassins? Glyph of Concentration buffs? Increasing the number of npcs, in addition to boosting their damage belittles balanced splitting, and forces dedicated and gimmick splits in order to kill npcs. The ability to put in mass, uninterruptible defense is a large issue. Considering one of the primary ways of dealing with spike is disruption, having so many anti disruption skills in the game is stupid. In addition, this month's map rotation heavily favors spike, except for one map: frozen. Even on that one, teams refuse to split even when it provides a clear advantage over eurospike. So in the end, its a combination of bad players and bad game direction that forces teams to play spike vs spike if they expect to win.

Honestly, I rather see VoD blockway than spike vs spike.

They're the same thing. Blockway=spike.