PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troal View Post
    The Kurzicks might also dress in black to blend in with their dark surroundings. It would be much harder for the Luxons to invade the Echovald if they had trouble seeing the Kurzicks.
    That would probably be the more likely reason if anyone in the GW universe had ever heard of camouflage before. However, seeing as how just about every species, from the smallest crimson skale to the largest copper rinkhal, seems to like nothing better than standing out in its environment as much as physically possible, humans being no exception (scarlet corsairs? assassins with shoulder blades taller than they are??), I'm inclined to believe that Kurzick clothing is really nothing but a fashion statement.

As for why the Jade Wind didn't completely destroy Kurzick culture, it could be possible that the Kurzicks' houses sheltered some of them from the effects of the Jade Wind.
    This seems to be the accepted explanation so far. If it were true, however, the amber that the Kurzicks mine should have been protected within the trees as well. Amber was affected by the Jade Wind just as much as anything else, so it would seem that the trees of the Echovald didn't provide any reliable safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjubal od Uo View Post
    That would probably be the more likely reason if anyone in the GW universe had ever heard of camouflage before. However, seeing as how just about every species, from the smallest crimson skale to the largest copper rinkhal, seems to like nothing better than standing out in its environment as much as physically possible, humans being no exception (scarlet corsairs? assassins with shoulder blades taller than they are??), I'm inclined to believe that Kurzick clothing is really nothing but a fashion statement.
    But we must take in account that none of these species has such a need for food that they'd starve. They live quite well. However, the Kurzicks live in a place were food is really rare, and I think that in that situation, blending in becomes much more important.

I just want to point out that "goths" the term apparently being used to describe a contemporary social clique, does not neccessarily have much in common with Gothic in relation to the term describing a historical period and its artistic productions.

Kyln u are talking about the goth subculture, I did mention it but I compared them to gothic period in history. Surely they can manage to find food, if they live there for long they can find sources,again I am not sure though...A human can eat anything in order to survive:P...By the way isnt it strange that the Forest didnt turn into jade after the Jade Wave blast?Kinda strange but if I remember in the cinematic none of the environment turned into jade... (except the sea though) Do you think the Kurzicks could have predicted the coming of the jade explosion and moved to a safe distance ? (ex. Shing Jea isle)...Kind of complicated and homes cant really provide such safety against an energy wave...

I think that Echovald turned in to stone mostly because the forest spirit Urgoz was corrupted by the Jade Wind.

didnt he go mad like those erm wardens and oni?

Yeah pretty much but the Oni's is a creation of Kanaxai and didn't start showing up regularly until Kanaxai was awoken by the Luxon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash, House Zu Heltzer
    "Years ago, Urgoz was the protector of Echovald Forest. At that time, we Kurzicks worked in tandem with Urgoz and his Wardens, maintaining order and balance within the forest, and keeping it free from any evil taint. After the Jade Wind passed over Echovald, the Wardens became increasingly violent, attacking our people on sight, and Urgoz himself is now more of a demon lord than forest guardian. Perhaps this sounds extreme, but I really don't think he will be satisfied until he has slain every last one of us. We need to destroy him before there are any more Kurzick casualties. By chance, I have found a secret way into his very lair. If you are up to the challenge and wish to show your loyalty to my people, I will send you in there."

Ok first things first, who said the Kurzicks were Goth. People are confusing real world fashion and expression with the inspiration that created the Kurzick.

Kurzick are not a bunch of EMO's just because in the REAL WORLD you consider yourself an EMO or dress all in gothic fashion.

Kurzick's are a unique race with their own sense of pride and dress appeal. It may resemble the gothic look of the real world, and it even may have been inspired by the gothic culture as far as dress code, but by no means does it make it a GOTHIC culture.

Just wanted to clear that up for folks who are still confused about the Kurzick being the gothic's of Cantha.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    They are...