PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

HoM reward thread

(please no flaming, trolling or saying we should just wait for what arenanet has to offer /locked here please)This is a place for us to come up with the sorts of things our hall of monuments achievements will earn us in GW2. Let your imagination go wild. I would love the hero statues for you to look at them in GW2 and their ghost appears leading you to their ancestors who are brand new hero type people in GW2. There legacy can live on :) Allthough Vekks great great grandson maybe a bit wierd...

My immediate thought is GW2 forum section.

My second thought is I don't really care as long as it doesn't provide gameplay benefits and purely cosmetic differences.

There should be no, or crappy rewards for the HoM, for one reason:

- So that smart people can laugh at the forum whining of those that wasted there time on the HoM. It's be a right Horrorshow my droogs.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

StormBluff
    Guild

GWOA, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post

- So that smart people can laugh at the forum whining of those that wasted there time on the HoM. It's be a right Horrorshow my droogs.
    Lol, thats mean-spirited.

I'm all for a unique skinnned weapon, color combination for armor, whatever to show off, just nothing that provides an edge gameplay-wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post

Yeah, they're going to balk on their promise so you can get your jollies off at everyone who believed they would, I don't know, do what they said they would. Conceited much?

Minis: Same damn minis. Seriously, if it's some generic mini reward based on how many minis are in the monument, and a Vizu gives the same reward as a Devourer, there are going to be some really, really frickin angry players.

Weapons: No idea, considering we may not even have the same weapon types.

Armor: Hopefully, each unlocked armor will give access to a particular style that is based on it. This I wouldn't actually have as big a problem with it being "1 armor = this generic unlock, 3 = this, 5 = this, etc", because armors are so time-intensive to make detailed, and I wouldn't want all the effort to go into armors that many players won't have the opportunity to get.

Companions: Until we know more about the "companion" mechanic, we won't really know what this could give. Maybe each unlocked monument gives access to a descendant of that hero or something.

Honor: Titles. Simplest monument really. Maybe a cool looking item or something, like "The Protector's Staff" or "The Vanquisher's Sword" for certain accomplishments; that'd be pretty sweet.

Overall: nothing that provides a gameplay advantage, any more than the preorder weapons do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy High View Post
    Yeah, they're going to balk on their promise so you can get your jollies off at everyone who believed they would, I don't know, do what they said they would. Conceited much?

Minis: Same damn minis. Seriously, if it's some generic mini reward based on how many minis are in the monument, and a Vizu gives the same reward as a Devourer, there are going to be some really, really frickin angry players.

Weapons: No idea, considering we may not even have the same weapon types.

Armor: Hopefully, each unlocked armor will give access to a particular style that is based on it. This I wouldn't actually have as big a problem with it being "1 armor = this generic unlock, 3 = this, 5 = this, etc", because armors are so time-intensive to make detailed, and I wouldn't want all the effort to go into armors that many players won't have the opportunity to get.

Companions: Until we know more about the "companion" mechanic, we won't really know what this could give. Maybe each unlocked monument gives access to a descendant of that hero or something.

Honor: Titles. Simplest monument really. Maybe a cool looking item or something, like "The Protector's Staff" or "The Vanquisher's Sword" for certain accomplishments; that'd be pretty sweet.

Overall: nothing that provides a gameplay advantage, any more than the preorder weapons do now.
    Sensible and fair suggestions. I like them.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    My immediate thought is GW2 forum section.
    I agree. Moved accordingly.

And on topic of the thread, I agree with Skyy High's post.

I would like it to be, that completing a single monument would give you a choice of rewards for Guild Wars II. Completing additional monuments would allow additional choices.

That way, most people would get something, and those who have achieved a lot would be rewarded too.

I've little to add in regards to what the actual rewards should be. My knowledge of Guild Wars II is sorely lacking but perhaps something cosmetic, such as a Title (not linked to any skills of course), or unique cloak designs.

i want an option to clear the HOM when you made mistakes with certain awards :>

Quote Originally Posted by DarkY View Post
    i want an option to clear the HOM when you made mistakes with certain awards :>
    Yes, or even better, the option to sort them at will instead of using the "rearrange" option, since that one maintains the order of the added... things.