PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Leaving Pre-Searing?

Greetings all,

I am a new player, just started yesterday, and I have left pre-searing Ascalon as a level 5 Mo/E. I see now after doing so that many people stay in pre-searing to higher levels to level and farm more. I am not sure if I got all the skills available to me in the area before moving on as well.

Is there anyway to go back to pre-searing with my character once I have moved to searing? Would I want to go back, or is it fine that I have moved on to the next area? I was only able to buy one piece of armor before I left, I did not finish many of the sides quests, and honestly I am still pretty clueless and am not clear on what I am supposed to be doing in-game besides solo questings and leveling at this point.

Any advice?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Unfortunately, after leaving Pre-Searing, there's no way to go back short of creating a new Prophecies character. Ideally, the best level to leave is about 7 or 8, but even at level 5 you should be able to manage with minimal problems.

Any of the skills you could have gained from Pre quests can easily be bought from a skills trainer at any time for one skill point plus a small fee in gold.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Welcome and good morning

First, once you leave pre-searing you can't go back.
    It is part of the story line.
    Unless of course, you started a new character, then you could explore pre-searing.
    the quests in pre-searing give you a limited amount of skills and then once you hit the searing you are able to earn new skills. Many of the quests after searing give you core skills to use.
    Best advice I have at this point is just do the quests and explore the regions. You should be able to level up with some speed.
    GW has a lot to offer and it is really what you make of it.
    Have fun and Happy hunting

- Is there anyway to go back to pre-searing with my character once I have moved to searing?
    No. (there used to be a couple of hacks/workarounds but they've since been removed and people banned for it.)

- Would I want to go back, or is it fine that I have moved on to the next area?
    It's really just an isolated area for beginners. There's not much reason you'd want to go back for, plus if you really wanted you could just create a new character and leave it there. Quite a few people have permanent pre-sear characters.

- I was only able to buy one piece of armor before I left, I did not finish many of the sides quests, and honestly I am still pretty clueless and am not clear on what I am supposed to be doing in-game besides solo questings and leveling at this point.
    It'll all become clear eventually, for anything your not sure about, it's what this forum is for.

edit: I knew it...

GWOnline.Net Member
    Alright, I will continue on and keep questing. I was worried I had missed stuff I would later regret missing. Thanks for all the responses.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Mo/Es normally should have learned the following skills in presearing:

[Healing Breeze], [Banish] - from the starter trainer
    [Orison of Healing], [Bane Signet] - from Brother Mhenlo in the Abbey
    [Symbol of Wrath], [Retribution] - from Brother Mhenlo in the Abbey
    [Reversal of Fortune], [Shielding Hands] - from Protector Grazden in Greenhills, near the exit to Lakeside Country

[Aura of Restoration], [Fire storm], [Glyph of Lesser Energy] - from Aziure in Wizard's Folly (you got these for sure, else you wouldn't be a Mo/E)
    [Lightning Javelin], [Blinding Flash] - from Ralena in Foible's Fair

Concerning the "small fee" for the cost of skills at the skill trainer NPC... this "small fee" increases until it hits 1000 gold after a few purchases. Avoid buying skills that you can also learn for free for doing some silly quests, and your purse will weigh a lot more.

But don't let this disencourage you, it's probably only a wasted 2-4 skillpoints and gold. If you missed the extra elementalists skills, don't even bother... all you need from the /E for serious monking is Glyph of Lesser Energy.

However, you really, absolutely want to have [[Reversal of Damage] and [[Shielding Hands] in your skill arsenal. And that's sadly the most likely candidates of skillquests which you may have overlooked in presearing.

Level 5 is fine, but if money is tight, you're maybe better off roaming around in presearing for longer, since the foes over there are really easy to kill and they give good money.
    Last edited by Lytha; 04-05-2008 at 18:04.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Reversal of Damage isn't obtained in Pre-Searing.

You're confunding it with Reversal of Fortune.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I got everything but blinding flash and lightning javelin. =)

And don't worry about your pre-searing armour. You can get much better in post searing straight away - providing you have some money saved up.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    I got everything but blinding flash and lightning javelin. =)
    Good. :)

As a Mo/E, you wouldn't use them anyway. Blinding Flash might have some protection functionality, but you would need to invest too many points into the pointless air attribute for it to become slightly worthwile. The energy cost also renders it useless for a monk. Stick to Guardian and the like if you want to protect people from getting hurt by those physical attackers.

And Lightning Javelin is really just pointless.

@Nemeon Lion: ... gah.

Yes, [[Reversal of Fortune] - just like in the picture above. The other skill isn't even available in Prophecies.
    Last edited by Lytha; 05-05-2008 at 10:04.