PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

Spears with no requirement - what's the maximum damage?

Wiki has all of the no requirement weapons listed other than the spear.

Anyone know what the maximum damage is for a spear with no spear mastery requirement?

I have an 8-12 spear (and my 10-10 wintergreen spear), but I wanted to see if no requirement spears went any higher than that (I know bows go as high as 9-13).

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ive heard of 10-13 sword.
    Last edited by Pluggalug; 05-05-2008 at 21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluggalug View Post
    Ive heard of 10-13 sword.
    lol!
    Question is about spears..

Weapons w/o attribute requirements are still useless in damage dealing. Even if you meet a very low requirement (or use a weapon w/o one), the damage is still scaled with the governing attribute.

GWOnline.Net Member BrotherGrimm's Avatar
    Being concerned about the base damage of a weapon that you aren't going to take up to at least attribute 9 is a lost cause (as oles said). Just find a max damage that you like the skin and has the mods you want and don't worry about meeting the requirements (if you aren't seriously looking to do auto attack DPS damage with the weapon).

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oles View Post
    Weapons w/o attribute requirements are still useless in damage dealing. Even if you meet a very low requirement (or use a weapon w/o one), the damage is still scaled with the governing attribute.
    While that's true, I personally don't like "throwing away" 2-3 extra damage on a customized caster martial weapon if I can gain it...you never know when that can come in handy.

Either way, it doesn't sound like anyone knows the answer to the question at hand. I'll update the wiki(s) and see if anyone throws up on it.
    Last edited by Jetdoc; 06-05-2008 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdoc View Post
    While that's true, I personally don't like "throwing away" 2-3 extra damage on a customized caster martial weapon if I can gain it...you never know when that can come in handy.

Either way, it doesn't sound like anyone knows the answer to the question at hand. I'll update the wiki(s) and see if anyone throws up on it.
    Reasonable consideration, I suppose (this is a newbie forum, btw).

A Wintergreen bow goes to 15-15. If a max nonrequirement bow is still lower than that (9-13, as you suggested), perhaps 10-10 is the maximum for spears.
    Daggers and scythes deviate from that rule though:
    4-7 > 5-5 for daggers
    8-17>>10-10 for scythes.

So, I don't know.
    Last edited by oles; 06-05-2008 at 23:10.