PC Gaming News

What does /bonus do?

What does the /bonus command do (if anything?). If I use it in an explorable area, it says you can only use it in a town or outpost. When I use it there, it seems to do nothing.

It doesn't do anything in explorables as it can only be used in town. It's used to spawn special weapons on your account that you have access to from having special versions of the game on your account (any of the preorder packs, game of the year edition etc.)

If you don't have any preorder packs or special edition games added to your account then nothing will happen when you use the command

Thanks. It would be nice if there were some sort of message to that effect when you typed it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Hede View Post
    Thanks. It would be nice if there were some sort of message to that effect when you typed it in!
    That's a very good point.
    I had no idea there wasn't one.

Well it does tell you which items have been created in case you have access to them though..

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nook View Post
    That's a very good point.
    I had no idea there wasn't one.
    Yea, the command in a town/outpost just does nothing, not even the "unknown command" message.

I had people in game tell me a lot of garbage such as: it increases your chance to get a valuable item from the merchant, it increases the sell value of your stuff, it makes more items available from traders, etc. It was driving me crazy. Thanks for clearing it up.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

FYI, if you hit F10 while in game it brings up the help window which is a search engine linked to the official wiki. Good way to check on "claims" people make in game.