GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

DVDF

exhibition matches

Hello all.

I have acouple of a noobie questions to ask regarding the exhibition matches which appear on ob's.

Who are these exhibitions for and how are the competitors selected?

Thanks for your time.

The exhibition matches are of a fairly large third-party euro tournament. I don't think they put all of the matches on obs though, only ones of top ranked guilds. The tournament itself is fairly long, spanning a month I believe. The prizes are also pretty decent, but it's for euros only.

It's not a noobie question at all; they don't really mention what the matches are for anywhere on their website or elsewhere.

GWOnline.Net Member
    uhhh :o didn't know that. but good to know, but if i can ask, how many guilds are normally in that tournament? now when you say they only show the highranked=)

I thought it was that Euro tournament, but it was nigh impossible to find that out from an official source
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusbg View Post
    uhhh :o didn't know that. but good to know, but if i can ask, how many guilds are normally in that tournament? now when you say they only show the highranked=)
    Hard to say...I only know of the ones on the high end of the ladder (and those are the ones who are really competing anyway), so I'm guessing maybe around 20? Possibly more if there are any outside of the top 100 participating.

the exhibition tournaments shown currently are the game star league, they put the two "most interesting" matches on observer each week.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

DVDF
    I had envisioned these gvg's being used by anet as sales tools during gaming expo's and possibly the guilds themselves invited to attend.

Thank you for answering my questions and giving me the low down on what is really happening.

I had envisioned these gvg's being used by anet as sales tools during gaming expo's and possibly the guilds themselves invited to attend.
    If they had done that, gvg wouldn't be so dead.