PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans

Question which profession do you want to see?

this is not a topic full of discussions about which profession is better to take, it's what you want to see in GW2, nothing more.

so to continue, i would like to see something with real melee, or to put it simple, no weapons a.k.a unarmed.
    one would say a martial artist, while others would like to see one with one or more styles.
    IMO it should be a choice, maybe something like a line of trainers that train you styles.
    the basic style is jujitsu, it's in almost every martial art style so it's only logical.
    after you're done training that, you can choose between 4 styles:
    -kong fu
    -karate
    -taijitsu
    -wing chun

after choosing one of the styles, you can fight in that style and use it's advantages.
    this does mean that you will only be able to learn any other style after you have " mastered" the current style.(you can do that by requiring all the normal skills of that style, the "master" title will then be full)
    so this means that you have to do with that one style till you are a master, after that you can just look up to what you want to learn.
    do know that, even while it's one profession, you can never use more then one style in a combo.(exept for jujitsu that is.)
    so even while it works a bit like an assassin, you can't connect one style with the other.

now it's your turn......i think i got a bit overboard with my idea:P
    Last edited by sorudo; 29-05-2008 at 18:41.

GWOnline.Net Member Flamefang of Arnor's Avatar
    Server

Fort Aspenwood
    Actually i think this idea is cool but being a ranger I don't know much of the melee classes and that but thats a very interesting idea. what if each individual skill could gain attack power ever time its used as in a sort of level system for each.... the only problem with your idea is that most martial arts can actually defeat and untrained opponent with a few moves and i doubt an ele or ranger would use any "blocks" or whatever allowing them to be killed or disable in a few moves.... in real life anyway... also such forms of martial arts would come from Cantha most likely and well it is currently strictly isolationist not to mention the corsairs and evil dragon minion ships and stuff... so good idea but maybe not plausible....

~Flamefang of Arnor

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    well, if you look correctly in the history of eve, the only place where necro's are born is in tyria, but cantha also has necro's everywhere.
    so within this 250 years, skills could come over from place to place.
    in RL that already happen, so it would be no weird idea to have this in GW.
    Last edited by sorudo; 29-05-2008 at 21:29.

the basic style is jujitsu, it's in almost every martial art style so it's only logical.
    Every Eastern martial arts style.

Ranger, Warrior, Elementalist, Mesmer, Monk.
    1 additional slightly defensive midline.
    1 additional split focused character (preferably melee).
    Exact profession design is useless at this point anyway.

I want to see, untouched:

- Mesmer
    - Ritualist

I would like to see something of a thief or vagabond. Here are a couple of ideas:

1. No lockpicks? bring a thief...they have up to (X)% chance of opening a chest with a "lockpick" skill, and if they do, everyone gets something...

2. Certain skills might cause mobs to drop (X)% more gold for (Y) seconds if they die within that time...

3. Stealth skills to "see" traps and treasures

4. Ability to "hide" with (X)% chance of losing aggro for (Y) seconds

5. Give us some "ugly" faces. Not everyone should be cover models...

Anyways, it may not be a great idea, but I think it would be fun.

Necromancer and Paragon, to hell with the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by MiatheHierophant View Post
    I would like to see something of a thief or vagabond.[...]
    I LOVE this idea! That'd be awesome to have a thief like character, and this combined with the interactive weather or day and night changes thieves could increase their rates for lockpicking and hiding during the night.

I want a bard. A real bard, not an armoured shouting guy in a skirt. I want instruments that have different effects on different enemies. I want songs to raise morale, songs to improve my teammates' abilities, songs to lament the dead and strike fear in my enemies.

I want to deliver the pre-battle speech that turns the tables. I want to hang out in the tavern, make everybody my friend, and not buy a drink all night. I want to have the perfect story for every occasion, and the right words to sway even the most hostile of enemies to my side.

Or at least a floppy hat.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme

thief class sounds really cool.

I would really like to see the Golemacer class.