PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered

A good self-heal

Hey guys, I need your opinion on this. This my DA build which I'm quite fond of and has given me pretty good results in vanquishes and dungeons. All it uses is points in Deadly Arts to do its thing, leaving me with 103 unused points to invest in something else and two skills (As well as freedom in choosing whichever secondary profession I want).

So my question is, what's would be good self-heal to fill in there? I've been using Shadow Sanctuary and Rebirth as the last two spots, but I get the feeling I could do much more with this build. Thanks in advance for your opinions. =)

[build name="Deadly Arts Sin" box prof=Assassin DeadlyArts=12+1+2][Assassin's Promise][Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support][Dancing Daggers][Entangling Asp][Signet of Toxic Shock][Finish Him][Optional][Optional][/build]

No offense, but that doesn't seem like it's doing much damage at all.

You only use deadly arts with nothing in any other line? Seems like you do and it's a highly inefficient build IMHO. What do you do when everything is recharging? attack with a staff or something?

Anyway.. onto a self heal, you'd probably be best off to use something like [[Feigned Neutrality].
    Last edited by MoonUnit; 01-06-2008 at 22:00.

It may seem like it, but it's pretty efficient at killing, I invite you to give it a try. Like I said, I've used it in quite a few places, such as vanquishes and HM dungeons, and have not had any problems. It's pretty fun. :3

There's been really few times when I've been in a "everything is recharging" situation, which is when I pick the wrong target, but if you're doing everything right it shouldn't happen (Unless, for some reason, the user decides to bring this to an area where hex stripping is common, but in those cases it's not really the build's fault).

I'll keep FN in mind, since with this build its recharging isn't really an issue.
    Last edited by RadaArashi; 01-06-2008 at 22:29.

Since you're using an AP build, you can use [Shadow Sanctuary] since it will be recharged by AP every time you kill a target.

Yeah that's what I've been using so far, although I only have r3 on my kurzick track, I wish it was a bit higher. The 40AL bonus plus the 16 AL from the shield (and +10AL from a elemental inscription) makes it pretty neat. :3

Also the build can one-shot the 100AL barrel in the 5-6 secs it takes to cast the above skills btw so its offensive power isn't really an issue. =]

take some other utility and res, you shouldn't really need a self heal(leave healing to the monks). Otherwise, I might suggest Dark Escape - since you aren't attacking, you'll reduce damage to you by 50% and it won't end, and AP will recharge it, plus you get a speed boost if you need it, and won't have any cast time.
    Other decent possibilities include:
    [Ebon Battle Standard of Honor] [Pain Inverter]
    If you are looking for things that could be fun, [Arcane Mimicry] if you bring a hero with another elite you want to copy - since arcane mimicry will recharge almost instantly.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 02-06-2008 at 05:02.

Actually I like the [[Dark Escape]/[[Shadow Sanctuary] combination. Over 120AL and halved damage on top of that? Interesting ;D

Social10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts
    mystic regen for the heal? and maybe another offensive skill?

Mystic regen requires me other 2 enchants for it to be better than Shadow Sanctuary though. At my current kurzick rank, I get +6 regen, which is the same as having mystic regen and another enchant in the remaining two slots.

I think you'll struggle to beat [Shadow Sanctuary].

I've used this build with [Plague Touch] for a bit of a laugh.