PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THis is nuts

GWOnline.Net Member

THis is nuts

This is seriously getting frustrating. I can't build much of a team or even join a team because of the lack of my rank. I just came to HA and for the five hours of waiting, i only got into 6 battles and most of them are losses.

Is there anyway to get people to join or get joined. Or anyway one of you guys willing to help me reach rank 3 at least? I can't depend much on my own because it's practically impossible. Especially since i'm a sin, abit, a pretty good build.

Your best best would probably be trying to meet some good PvPers, and try to get groups with them.

Either that or find a guild that does HA.. keep in mind that most of those require you to be xx rank.

As I don't actually play anymore, obviously I can't rankfarm with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedatary View Post
    Especially since i'm a sin, abit, a pretty good build.
    Just a small note:
    You are not a sin.
    You are a GW player.
    You can also be a Ranger/Warrior/Dervish/Monk/Necro/Rit/Mes/Para/Ele.
    Do not restrict yourself to one class.
    Try to have all skills and equipment unlocked so you can play whatever your team requires.
    At least have all skills unlocked to play any role in a SWAY team, current build of choice for rankless teams.
    If you see people spamming LFRanger/Rit/Necro and you're on your Sin, don't mind PMing them, hold on I'll change characters.
    PvP characters are your friend, if you don't have a lvl20 w/e, create it in 10 seconds.
    Have Vent, TS and a mic installed and working.
    Remember that your build will be provided by the team leader and that you will have to run it.
    If you're team leader remember the builds for your fellow players and get a working, decent to good quality TS/Vent channel.

If you intend to HA past r3, compile a friends' list of solid players and/or join a HA/PvP Guild.
    Last edited by Akirai Annuvil; 06-06-2008 at 14:03.

I been there as well, I was (well actually I still am) in a guild (and alliance) focussed on PvE. When I got into HA it was the last version of IWAY which was played by all low ranked people, so I pimped my paragon and became a motigon infuser or spirit spammer (because warrior is not my thing). Getting r3 is a pain, but trust me it does not get any better after that. Getting r6 is even more of a pain. Getting r9... well I'm still working on that one

Stick to the tips Akirai provides, although u will be frowned upon, called names and treated like scum by any 'balanced' team that wins from u, or loses from u for that matter, it will eventually get u r3, and from that point onwards u have a little bit more options. Don't get too attached to sway though, it is a ****ty build to play (boring and less skill required), mainly used to farm the first few maps.

And despite u saying ur sin has a good build, it doesn't work like that in HA, it's a TEAM ur playing in, not a single build. Ur build is probably worthless in HA, despite how many kills it scored u in RA or AB. So drop the idea of urself being a sin, ur not, or else ur options for HA become very limited. I am a primary mesmer or ranger, but I can play (and have played) any profession except for Dervish and Warrior. Of course there will be one profession u favour, but u can't play it properly without knowing how all the other professions work, and ur favourite profession might not be needed in many cases.

And remember that ur main skill is not on ur bar, something gave u that brain for a reason

Funny thing is that every time I go to the HA staging area to wait for my guildies to turn up, I usually get a party invite by some PUG. I seldom have any title turned on, or any method of showing experience, but the invites still occur. I have never taken up the offers, but I might do so out of curiosity.

The first time ever I played HA it was when RaO Thumpers were popular, I made up an RaO Thumper build from obs and practiced it for a few hours in AB. Then I went to the HA staging area and just said local chat "RaO Thumper looking for a break" and within a minute I was in a random team that did ok. No idea what rank anyone else was. The point being is that if you roll up with a build that is actually being played a lot in HA, there is a chance you will get int a team.
    Last edited by ibudgie; 20-06-2008 at 04:49.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibudgie View Post
    Funny thing is that every time I go to the HA staging area to wait for my guildies to turn up, I usually get a party invite by some PUG. I seldom have any title turned on, or any method of showing experience, but the invites still occur. I have never taken up the offers, but I might do so out of curiosity.
    It's called randomway. Except it's the type of randomway that doesn't advertise for players, it uses brute force recruitment.

If you do let your curiosity get the better of you, you'll see this:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7...mwaylfgbj6.jpg

Holy crap!

That is indeed randomway.. aka invite everyone in the district who isn't in a party.

I trash talk sway teams all the time after I flawless them, but it really is the only way for new players to get to r3, where they can play real builds. HA is quite sad.

If I happen to flame you after flawlessing your nub sway, don't take it personally unless youre above rank 3. Then you really are bad.

You can always find a randomway team, most don't care what build/rnk you are it's grab 8 and go. Make sure you have a general purpose build like one for RA.

Ah hey, welcome to year 2005. You must be tired.