PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi-Res Monk Skill Icons

A texmod file with high-res monk skill icons. Clicky.

Thanks to Endrosz for the icons. Thanks to Shawn The Divine for answering some of my texmod questions.

If others would like to create texmods for the other professions, we could have high-res icons for all skills.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Woah! How'd you get them to work?? More specifically, what did you use in the alpha channel? I'd gotten some progress on it, but the icons all showed up incredibly dark, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I'm a complete noob with texmod. And by noob, I mean that this is the first thing I've ever tried to make with texmod. So I don't know what "alpha channel" means.

All I did was save the monk skill icons using the texmod logging program. Then I renamed the high-res icons with the names of the original icons and deleted the original icons.

I should have included this in the OP. Too late to edit. For those interested, here's a comparison of the older icons vs. the newer high-res icons. The icons on top are the default ones and the icons below are the newer hi-res ones. Clicky.

I tried them with your Clearskills Green and Blue, and they look even better (your mod removes the shading around the icons and since these are larger than the default that works well).

Edit: Another link to the texmod file.

Moonunit, I tried to access these links from another browser and didn't see any requests for a login. Not sure why you're having that problem.
    Last edited by JoeKnowMo; 12-06-2008 at 03:25.

Stupid question, but why is it it asked for you to login/create account when you click on any of the links?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKnowMo View Post
    Moonunit, I tried to access these links from another browser and didn't see any requests for a login. Not sure why you're having that problem.
    It's because you have an account with them. I had to create one to d/l the file, too.

I like to use www.mediafire.com for files, it doesn't require an account or logging in. And imageshack.us is great for images.

Took Shawn's advice and created alternate links:
    Texmod file.
    Image file for comparison. (Old skills on top, new skill icons on bottom).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKnowMo View Post
    Image file for comparison. (Old skills on top, new skill icons on bottom).
    Wow, that looks great. Good job :)

edit: Where did you get the high resolution icons?
    Last edited by Vana; 12-06-2008 at 10:51.

Endrosz over at guru extracted them from the official site's Sealed Deck cards. Link.

I've got 4 professions done now. I'm hoping to get the other 6 done this weekend.

Yea, I figured that out when I actually read your entire OP (I'm lazy like that).
    Oh, and I finished the mesmer icons (didn't know you where doing the other professions as well) in case you haven't done that one yet. Just let me know if I can help out with any of the rest.

Awsome - Please post a link to the complete set if you make one :D

Cheers

~Ice