PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar

My view on why we will be alive after 2012

was having fun looking around at various things today and the last week in fact and my theroy is the whole 2012 isnt the end.

heres my reason and whats meant to happen.

basically in 2012 the milky way and all that **** are going to be in line and its said that basically we would be ripped up into space in a matter of seconds due to what they think which is.

when this happens the x amount of gravity will be multipled by X amount.

why would they happen they dont know. but why would the gravity be multiplied is another reason.

heres my view.

ok so the milky way is gonna be in line and all of us. but this happend just the other year too and they predicted the same that X amount of gravity would be multiplied and we would be thrown of the planet pretty much. when jupiter got in line or something is what im talking about.

so basically my view is we are fine going by what they predicted just last year or the year before.

I'm having trouble deciphering what you're trying to say here :/

My view on the whole 2012 is teh end onoes!!! thing is that its a load of bullcrap good for occasionally pointing and laughing at whoever takes it seriously.

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    basically in 2012 scientists are saying the whole milky way system is going to be in line a straight line.

and therefore they are saying when this happens the gravity on earth is going to be multiplied. which sounds stupid but anyway when that happens they are saying because of the gravity we would be pulled into space therefore we die.

my view was.

they said the exactly same thing 2 or however many years ago it was when jupiter or something lined up they said that it would be over becaue the gravity would be multiplied and we would be thrown into space.

so thats why i think the 2012 is bull**** ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Angel View Post
    basically in 2012 scientists are saying the whole milky way system is going to be in line a straight line.
    No, they aren't.

Some very deranged astrologists might though...

and therefore they are saying when this happens the gravity on earth is going to be multiplied. which sounds stupid but anyway when that happens they are saying because of the gravity we would be pulled into space therefore we die.
    I wonder if these people have ever heard of physics.

linky to source?

1) No
    2) In the unlikely event that gravity does get multiplied, depending on the factor, we'd range from just weigh more to being squashed by it. Floating off into space is when the gravity would be multiplied by a number < 1, in which case we'd still be rather safe up until really low factors (0.17 would turn it in the Moon's gravity). So no.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    It's like Y2k all over again. Start stocking your bomb shelters!

End of the World?
    Bullsh1t!

(Try again in ~ 5–6 billion years)
    Last edited by Lihinel; 14-07-2008 at 21:24.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    We've been through this 1000 times.
    Someone go dig up the old thread and link to Drec Sutal's epic post of bull****-debunkery.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    We've been through this 1000 times.
    Someone go dig up the old thread and link to Drec Sutal's epic post of bull****-debunkery.
    *digs around in OTF*

You mean this one?

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showp...3&postcount=12