PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderbite View Post
    Thats alot to ask to just want to be able to play an part of a game ive unlocked and already payed for.

I dont have the money to unlock all skills, and the amount in faction... would be crazy.
    You don't have to unlock ALL skills to begin with, just the most commonly used ones. But people are going to expect you to be able to play whatever they ask for, and if you can't, chances are they will not bother accommodating you. This is just a fact of the matter, as it is generally easier to find another player than to have two or more people reroll.

im just saying that people ought to allow new players in with them.
    People ought to be able to play with whomever they want, which includes playing only with others of similar rank and experience. I'm not saying this is a universal or anything, but more often than not, unranked players are bad and will cause you to lose, which isn't fun. People play the game to have fun, not accommodate others.

People ought to be able to play with whomever they want, which includes playing only with others of similar rank and experience. I'm not saying this is a universal or anything, but more often than not, unranked players are bad and will cause you to lose, which isn't fun. People play the game to have fun, not accommodate others.
    ---

Yar... people should be able to play with whomever they want this includes new HAers (They don't have to be new to PvP or to the game).

I understand if I wanted to join a set team I would need to have more skills and follow their rules, but randomway has no set builds and you wont be asked to reroll for randomway... but still all I ever see is r4+ .etc

I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player. They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.

I also dont think its right to say don't HA if you dont have a mic or a large skill base, it is not completely necessary as I like to relay tactics before a battle, in skill casting time and afterwards for the next, and don't feel buying a mic is gonna make it much better.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points

---

Yar... people should be able to play with whomever they want this includes new HAers (They don't have to be new to PvP or to the game).

I understand if I wanted to join a set team I would need to have more skills and follow their rules, but randomway has no set builds and you wont be asked to reroll for randomway... but still all I ever see is r4+ .etc

I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player. They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.

I also dont think its right to say don't HA if you dont have a mic or a large skill base, it is not completely necessary as I like to relay tactics before a battle, in skill casting time and afterwards for the next, and don't feel buying a mic is gonna make it much better.
    1) You missed the HA train. It has left the station.
    2) Even if were to somehow try to catch up to the train, you'd probably be thrown off the train right away. You have no ticket or ID - you have no tools required to play HA.
    3) Worst of all, you seem to want to bring excessive baggage of useless junk - your useless preconception of how HA should be, and not how it is.

Advice: get on a different train.

I'm failing to see your point. You seem to agree that people should be able to play with whomever they want, so why are you also saying that they should be playing with you/other unranked players? If they don't want to, there should be nothing else to compel them.

As for ranked randomway, it's mostly so you can at least have some assurance that the player will have done capture point/relic run/alter cap maps before. Chances are, unranked players either haven't played these maps, or simply don't understand the tactics for them. Having people with a clue would be even more important in a group without vent.

I personally would not require rank for randomway as imo the point is to form as fast as possible, but it's their prerogative.
    I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player.
    True, ranked players can be bad, but unranked players are almost always bad, unless they're coming from GvG or something. Rank isn't an indication of player skill; it's a party formation tool that gives a vague indication of experience.
    They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.
    What's preventing you from starting your own randomway groups? Some friends and I did byob with 4 random PUGs last night and were able to form in under 5 minutes. Rank wasn't even mentioned until after we got in and started talking to the PUGs.

Also, if you want to pvp than a mic is almost a requirement, unless you plan on doing randomway exclusively.

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    You say they should just take you for one round. Why? Why should they if they feel like there's a larger risk of them all wasting 20 minutes or more of their time just to give some guy they don't know and has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.

You say they should just take you for one round. Why? Why should they if they feel like there's a larger risk of them all wasting 20 minutes or more of their time just to give some guy they don't know and has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.
    ---

Thats the attitude thats bringing it down, sure you don't have to do anything, but you know some people like to actually think about others occasionally, and it seems that the rest of the HA is using the internet as a means to be more important than they are. Like in PvE, I will accept lvl 18s and whatnot into my HM mission (I know its easier) but I atleast understand that they just want to play the game the same, it's the opposite of everything GW stands for, they put in a lvl 20 cap so things like this wouldn't happen... to seperate itself from other MMOs.

Well simply I won't HA anymore, It's too much trouble to find another person who can see past the time you've spent playing in the HA and doesn't measure skill in rx form.

has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.
    ---
    I didn't say that, it'd be easy for me to say i'm good but that isn't what everyone is going to think. So you don't say it and you let them decide.

True, ranked players can be bad, but unranked players are almost always bad, unless they're coming from GvG or something. Rank isn't an indication of player skill; it's a party formation tool that gives a vague indication of experience.
    ---

That can't be true then otherwise almost everyone during unranked times would of been terrible, which I find quite hard to believe, though I do understand were you may be coming from.
    Last edited by spyderbite; 22-08-2008 at 21:42.

Well simply I won't HA anymore, It's too much trouble to find another person who can see past the time you've spent playing in the HA and doesn't measure skill in rx form.
    Anyone who measures skill by rank is an idiot, regardless of how much fame they have. Rank is about experience and nothing else.

That can't be true then otherwise almost everyone during unranked times would of been terrible, which I find quite hard to believe, though I do understand were you may be coming from.
    This reasoning is flawed. Almost everyone was terrible back then if you compare them to what people have learned since. Also, the learning curve and point of entry is much higher now that the game is 3 years old, since some people have been pvping since release. Whether you want to realize it or not, experience matters in pvp, and that's exactly what people are asking for when they ask for a specific rank. As someone else said, you missed the HA boat by 3 years, so if you want to get into it at this point you're going to have to put some effort into unlocks, using vent and gaining rank.

You didn't reply to this, so I'll ask again. What is keeping you from forming your own randomway groups? If you want to play and don't care about rank or build, just invite random people and push the button. We formed two separate randomways last night in under 5 minutes and rank wasn't even brought up until some people emoted after winning.
    Last edited by B Ephekt; 22-08-2008 at 22:02.

This reasoning is flawed. Almost everyone was terrible back then if you compare them to what people have learned since. Also, the learning curve and point of entry is much higher now that the game is 3 years old, since some people have been pvping since release. Whether you want to realize it or not, experience matters in pvp, and that's exactly what people are asking for when they ask for a specific rank. As someone else said, you missed the HA boat by 3 years, so if you want to get into it at this point you're going to have to put some effort into unlocks, using vent and gaining rank.
    ---

I cant gain rank if i cant play, and I have lots of experience in PvP, just not HA. So my reasoning is flawed but I must gain rank even though I cant join a party because i need rank to do so... though the only way to gain that rank is to be a part of one of those parties?

Wow, HA is obviously alot more complicated than i thought.

And no one has even asked to see my build... asked me to use a build and asked for vent... its ether you have rank or you dont.

10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points

---

I cant gain rank if i cant play, and I have lots of experience in PvP, just not HA. So my reasoning is flawed but I must gain rank even though I cant join a party because i need rank to do so... though the only way to gain that rank is to be a part of one of those parties?

And no one has even asked to see my build... asked me to use a build and asked for vent... its ether you have rank or you dont.
    How much Balthazar faction do you have?

---

So why can't you form your own groups again? You still haven't answered this.

And, no, you do not need rank to play; you only need rank to paly in ranked groups. Either join or form unranked groups.

We're just trying to point out that you're arguing against something that is not going to change. If you want to HA, then this is what you have to do. If you don't want to do it, then you're not going to get into many groups and will probably have a hard time gaining rank. The end. Arguing about it on a fan site is pretty useless.
    Last edited by B Ephekt; 22-08-2008 at 22:55.