PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ha ha Smiter's, just wow

I've never seen an update to a skill that was so blatant to change the meta game. Fairly amusing, but just

GWOnline.Net Member
    Not really sad to see it go, to be honest. It was really bad for the game.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    The new term is "a skill got Smitersboon'ed".

I laughed in real life when I saw it. They have made it ridiculous

They really should have just went all the way with the skill and changed it to.

25e, 30 minute recharge,
    Skill Changed to: For 5 seconds, your Smiting skills have double divine favor, but cause instant death to the caster and a -60 Death Penalty.

Did anyone pay attention to what Regina said in the update thread? They just did this to stop its abuse before they figured out how to balance it.

Let's see if I can find that post again...

EDIT: Bah, here's the Dev Update on the matter, instead: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Arena...dates/20080821
    Last edited by Beta Sprite; 22-08-2008 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    The new term is "a skill got Smitersboon'ed".
    i lol'ed

Did anyone pay attention to what Regina said in the update thread? They just did this to stop its abuse before they figured out how to balance it.

Let's see if I can find that post again...

EDIT: Bah, here's the Dev Update on the matter, instead: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Arena...dates/20080821
    Yeah I read that when I was looking over the updates, but its still very laughable. If they don't want the skill in the game, remove it, even if its a temporary removal. What they did just seems very. . .Anet, since its not the first time that have nerfed skills to non-existance and out of any future play (though they call it balancing. . .). This time it was blatant and acknoledged, other times its more subtle.

New skill is good. I won many times in RA with it. I didnt use it though...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    If they don't want the skill in the game, remove it, even if its a temporary removal.
    Its much easier to "balance" (lol) a skill out of existence than to delete it. Although personally, I think tagging it as a pve-only would've worked too.