PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thunderclap E/A Build

Not mine. . .

Saw it in Ra and was fairly surprised at how effective it was.

[Build=OgdTgYm13hccOUYJMjP/rbIAAA]
    Equipment Code:
    Pk5xFP7Fzka+j5VRq6goI9wEjoIDLPirIBRXglIDrhhmI9E

-----

You can roll the combo as is or you do Shock > Falling > Thunder before finishing off the combo.

Thunderclap typically gets enemies to scatter making it easy to pull off horns when it would otherwise be impossible against a skilled team.

84-90 DPS during combo
    30 DPS straight hitting

-----

Probably not what you're looking for in the 8v8, but for Ta this works well with an interrupt ranger, DPS mesmer, and your choice of healer.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    What is a DPS mesmer?

Basically just a Damage Mesmer. . .

The classic build used Illusionary Weapon I believe.

It's been a bit since I've been on these forums though otherwise I'd link you to something.

Tell me why you'd want a mesmer to do DPS?

The main reason is that it's holistically different when a Mesmer pushes DPS than other classes.

The other reason is that the damage is all armor ignoring.

I'm just on that the OP build has so many counters it's laughable. So does an IW mesmer and those also have a rather laughable DPS. None of those two builds have any utility either to make the team stronger.

It's actually harder to stop because it's a hybrid.

Even if you can't attack with a little practice you can land the daze every time.

-----

The IW Mesmer was just an example. . . You can do way better these days and don't have to risk going into melee.

-----

The spike almost never goes all the way through before the target dies so I could probably switch things up a little.

What would you recommend I put in those open slots to make it a better team build?

Some people actually run [[wastrel's worry@14] to increase pressure and to get a laugh if it actually ends up killing people.

@OP; since you're running a conjure, why not run [[golden skull strike@14] for a guarantueed dazed, guarantueed off-hand and skill bar compression? You can dump Shock and Falling Spider, leaving you with two open slots which should work decently at scaring off foes.

I 've seen something like this. But it was a different elite : ride the lightning.That way you can get quicker in the enemy's face before your target can counter.The exhaustion is heavy, but RA battles usually don't last long. The amount of skilled teams which huddle up tightly is rather low i think , for quite a few reasons.

Why do you use shock if you already get kd from lightning? with lightning daggers