PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Spike

Quote Originally Posted by B Ephekt View Post
    No. Spikes only need to have three decent players: the monks and the caller, and with rspike the caller doesn't even have to be that great since you can spike so often. Everyone else is basically just hitting skills on 1 (especially since PUG rspikes haven't figured out that interrupts are useful for more than spiking).

Also, rank doesn't mean very much at this point.
    so it does take more then the build to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vana View Post
    sophisticated fellow we have here.
    oh noes!!!... it's the spelling police!

............._@@@___
    ....____//_____?____\ ________
    .../--0---SPELLING POLICE-----@}
    ....'==={@}====+====={@}--'

n e r d
    Last edited by TheAlchemist; 25-08-2008 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
    so it does take more then the build to win.
    Yes, but not much. 1/5 offensive characters can basically do nothing but hit buttons on 1 and still win fairly regularly (most rspikes I face don't even interrupt anything outside of spikes).

Put the players that got all their fame from spike in a balanced and 9/10 they will fail.

n e r d
    You're posting on a fan site about a role playing game. You don't get to call anyone a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
    ............._@@@___
    ....____//_____?____\ ________
    .../--0---SPELLING POLICE-----@}
    ....'==={@}====+====={@}--'

n e r d
    Wow, that's the best argument I've seen in a long time. Did you go look it up in a book or something?

I played rspike this weekend, the only teammate with rank above 5 was myself, we did very well.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    First of all: wow, are you seriously saying that you think there is a big difference between rank 5s and rank 8s playing r-spike?

Secondly: R-spike takes minimal coordination compared to a spike from a balanced build (yea, HA and balanced don't really fit together but you get the idea).

And thirdly: Neither Slipvayne nor me can be classified as "little kids". Now, I don't know how old Simply Kedde and B Ephekt are, but I'm positive that they don't belong in that category either.

Fourthly: If you ask anyone who has the slightest knowledge about the game, and has just a little experience with actual decent pvp, they'll tell you that R-spike is about as easy to run as 'easy to run'-builds get.

I'm probably older than most people in this thread.

I don't see why people get so emotionally attached to their builds. Rspike is a pretty scrubby build. I have no problem saying that - even as someone who played a good deal of rspike back in the dual orders days, and even occasionally now. Pew pew spike builds are fun, but they're not terribly hard to run, nor do they require much skill. Balanced (even the crappy HA balanced builds) are really the only builds that are consistent about requiring good players to succeed. That's just a fact of the game.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    I'm not from the older generations. I do though try to not have that show if I can avoid it. And seeing how the "little kids" limits seem to be pretty clear, I can say I feel confident I'm not even close to fitting that category.

I feel sorry deep inside ofr people needing to say stupid things. Especially when they don't know any better. Doing it just for the sake of doing it, is something much different.
    There really is no argument about this. Rspike is easy. It has always been easy. And it doesn't require anything (That is the definition of anything, yes).

I was in what I consider the best rspike team ever in GW: Illicit Awakening [iA]. We were the only rspike to not only completely dominate halls but to also dominate GvG. Our roster generally went on to several gold cape guilds or other top 20 GvG teams. I think I can say that when it comes to Rspike, I am about as expert as they come. With credentials established, you can run a very good rspike with complete idiots on most of the spots. A GvG class rspike takes decent players, but not great ones. For the vast majority of the players, it's a scub build. Even the caller doesn't have to be that great provided he can fire off spikes often enough.

I think Vana and everyone else summed it up well. Also I'm pretty sure I'm not a little kid. I just don't understand why you'd think RSpike took teamwork. I can teach my nephew to hit 3 buttons when someone says "1".

Anyway....uh...I dunno. I'm banned for the next week and a half, so I'm pretty sad.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Why is that?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    He got reported for doing this: