PC Gaming News
Results 961 to 970 of 4479
20-07-2011, 09:55 #961
21-07-2011, 20:48 #962
The latest Deus Ex trailer is taking an in-setting moral/political angle...
25-07-2011, 15:35 #963
For those wanting to know a little more about Dungeons of Dredmor, here's a video where TotalBiscuit plays it.
From the game's Steam page:
While you’re at it, be prepared to die. A lot. In hideous, screaming pain that makes you throw your keyboard out the window.
The Dungeons of Dredmor await. Are you ready for them?
- Classic Roguelike gameplay with the sweet, refreshing taste of point-and-click interfaces. No longer must you press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-x to drink a potion.
- Randomly generated dungeons entice you with the sweet, sweet promises of treasure and … things.
- Old-school pixel goodness. Face lovingly hand-animated monsters and enjoy the great taste of beautiful, individually rendered items on top of a sea of gorgeous, potent tile-work.
- Wield the awesome power of the Anvil of Krong, lest it wield you!
- Incredibly complicated crafting system! Wield relics of the Great Elven/Dwarven conflict; grind down ingots to make powdered aluminum and shove it directly up your nostrils!
- Hordes of monsters never-before-seen in a video game!
- Deploy cunning traps to defeat your foes!
- Infinite replay value: choose from a selection of mind-boggling skills to create your character. A new gameplay experience awaits every time!
- Did we mention there’s lutefisk?
Last edited by Zalis; 25-07-2011 at 16:04.
25-07-2011, 16:22 #964
With the Duke Nukem Fiasco in hindsight, reviving 90s franchises might seem like a dubious undertaking.
Carmageddon seems set for a remake, by the original studio who did the first two and "proper" Carmageddons no less.
And while yes, it was indeed a disgusting vehicular murder simulator -and shamelessly so-, it was also a very fun game, with rather advanced physics and driving models for its time.
Head-on collisions at 400 an hour, powersliding into groups of zimmer-framed grandmas -and getting bonus points for it-, the special reward car (a house-sized police APC as fast as a fighter jet, which you actually had to beat in vehicle-to-vehicle combat to get); Carmageddon was hands down one of the most entertaining games I have ever played.
RPS: Is there any scope to re-release the original games too, or is that tied up in whatever’s left of SCI?
Neil Barnden: We go round and round with the discussion on this one. We do own everything, so if we want to we can – we absolutely own the rights to all the previous code, even the stuff that’s Carmageddon-related that we didn’t work on ourselves. It’s all ours. But I think because it’s so easy to go online and find a copy of Carmageddon from a warez site or whatever, it doesn’t feel to us like there’d be an awful lot of point in just rereleasing the originals. We had talked about it, but on our website now we’ve got guys talking about how to get it running on Windows 7, various patches which make it look nicer and high-res, so rather than try and shut them down and go after the people distributing the game, we just thought we’ve got to embrace that and let ‘em have it. They can do with it what they want, because there’s been a really loyal, core modding community who’ve continued to put stuff out for the games. They’re still going.
Last edited by Soulstorm; 25-07-2011 at 16:39.
25-07-2011, 16:32 #965
GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
- The Order of Dii [Dii]
26-07-2011, 20:07 #966
New Humble Bundle!!
This time sporting Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerflight and And Yet It Moves.
Grr, I already have two of those games on Steam already, AYIM during the Steam Summer Camp sale, so I'm going to feel a bit guilty claiming a Steam key.
27-07-2011, 02:36 #967
For once, I actually don't own any of the HIB games. Normally, they roll one of these promotions days or weeks after I've purchased one or more of the titles.
27-07-2011, 05:46 #968
Actual spam in our game-thread? What has the world come to?
27-07-2011, 10:22 #969
27-07-2011, 12:36 #970
Maybe it's naked house cleaning!