PC Gaming News
Page 200 of 448 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 4479
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    you're missing the entire point.........
    Was it that you don't think games today are as fun as they were 20 years ago? Because that's an opinion.

I agree with Alaris on this one, if you don't find a game fun, don't play it. Other people find that game fun.

On the other hand, I saw an ad on here this morning. I forget what the game is called, but you are an assassin that wears a creepy looking mask. I hope someone knows what game I'm talking about. If not I'll have to find it when I get home. I just know it looked pretty neat.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    the point, just in case you missed it, is that games of today don't have the charm and character of old games.
    GW2 is a lucky few that does but i barely find a game that even remotely comes close the the charm and character an old game has to offer, it's all pretty much the same.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    I forget what the game is called, but you are an assassin that wears a creepy looking mask. I hope someone knows what game I'm talking about. If not I'll have to find it when I get home. I just know it looked pretty neat.
    Dishonored? lol. They were just talking about it up there ^
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    On the other hand, I saw an ad on here this morning. I forget what the game is called, but you are an assassin that wears a creepy looking mask. I hope someone knows what game I'm talking about. If not I'll have to find it when I get home. I just know it looked pretty neat.
    Dishonored. It looks pretty neat so far, and the setting feels like like Bioshock Deus Ex: Assassin's Arcanum... or something. With a touch of HL2, since it has the guy who designed City 17 & the Combine motif. Arkane Studios developed the greatly under-appreciated (tho initially buggy) Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, so I'm hopeful.

the point, just in case you missed it, is that games of today don't have the charm and character of old games.
    GW2 is a lucky few that does but i barely find a game that even remotely comes close the the charm and character an old game has to offer, it's all pretty much the same.
    I think that's true, but only to a point. "Kids these days" don't know what they're missing by immediately jumping into this generation of gaming. They lack perspective, I'd say. On the other hand, we can get hung up on nostalgia and over-value retro for retro's sake.

The bottom line is that, in the earlier days of gaming, games were pretty much just games. They weren't particularly deep or good-looking, but they were games at their core. Nowadays, all of the expensive hype, graphics, scripting/ai, etc, can get in the way of making it an actual game. While I'd say that all of those things have the potential to make 'real' games even more amazing, that's not always the case.
    Last edited by Zalis; 26-04-2012 at 20:54.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    games of today don't have the charm and character of old games.
    There's nostalgia, and then there's reality.

The reality is that games back then were mostly innovative because, well, there was not many games to copy, and it was cheap to innovate anyway. Now it's a lot harder to make an original game, especially given the financial risks associated with big titles.

Which is why I turn to indie games when I want innovation.

But I also wouldn't want to be stuck to oldie games. New games have better graphics, but also better internet play, key bindings, longer gameplay, better replay, etc. Sure gameplay doesn't improve fast enough, but most other aspects do improve fairly rapidly.

And if you get good at picking good games from the bad, you get good gameplay as well.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    the first halo was allot bigger and fun then any of the other ones and graphics have nothing to do with gameplay, i rather play angry birds then play any of the fighting games we have now.
    luckily there are "some" good fighting games but they mostly get bad rep because they are not like X and Y games, i like DOA more then tekken simply because DOA has better gameplay, yet ppl point fingers and push the flashy tekken at front.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    "Of course, DOA is known for its bouncing breasts." - Itagaki, designer for the series, as quoted on wiki.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Everyone loves to vampiric gaze at the breasts.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    rofl shawn !!
    == Alaris & clone ==