PC Gaming News
Page 227 of 448 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4479
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think Alaris likes to wait for games to go on sale.
    Where on earth did you ever get that concept?
    Next you'll be coming up with crackpot theories such as he likes playing games with wasd, while eating cheetos.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm not sure, but I think Alaris likes to wait for games to go on sale.
    Meanwhile, I paid less than 50% for Saints Row 3 and the 3 DLCs. Who's laughing now?

It might move a bit too slow for me (also too complicated... like that street lights thing), but it really does look pretty sweet.
    Seems like they used a lot of tech from Splinter Cell Conviction, but added in more crowd stuff. It looks like the gameplay could really be interesting. Kinda like stealth but in broad daylight. (I have not played the Assassin's Creed series)

The Splinter Cell series are pretty well-paced, quite a bit more action than the Thief series afaik. Again, I didn't play the Thief series aside for part of the first one so I might be mistaken. Anyway, Ubisoft tends to have a good pace to their games.

Alaris, you're also missing out on almost any game meant to be played with other people
    Well, I know what games I plan to play with others, and which ones I don't. I buy games right away if I plan to play them with others. GW2 is a good example. Portal 2 I meant to play with a friend (which I can say that I have done so). D3 I plan to play solo, and if the difficulty is too hard for solo, then I'll get frustrated and quit.

I used to do a lot of PvP, but I relaxed that now. I prefer the pace of single-player generally these days.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Next you'll be coming up with crackpot theories such as he likes playing games with wasd, while eating cheetos.
    wasd
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Right, just watched the Mad Dogs trailer on the train and (without sound) IT just looks boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    This is Alaris: ~
    This, I'd like to respond to. I used to be a full on bargain bin gamer, then went to a new games are great phase and am now too ADULT to care either way. So I'm going to instruct you guys about the TRUTH of the situation. At least I will once I am seated in front of my laptop so I can post properly rather than relying on my STUPID smartphone.

...STUPID!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do hate typing on a phone. I tried to get the full keyboard at least but the options with keyboard were not as interesting as the one I ended up getting.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Meanwhile, I paid less than 50% for Saints Row 3 and the 3 DLCs. Who's laughing now?
    Me because I paid even less than that and got the game well before you

Seems like they used a lot of tech from Splinter Cell Conviction, but added in more crowd stuff. It looks like the gameplay could really be interesting. Kinda like stealth but in broad daylight. (I have not played the Assassin's Creed series)

The Splinter Cell series are pretty well-paced, quite a bit more action than the Thief series afaik. Again, I didn't play the Thief series aside for part of the first one so I might be mistaken. Anyway, Ubisoft tends to have a good pace to their games.
    Pace meaning the fact that he walks almost the entire trailer. That speed is appropriate for what is going on, but I go mad when I have to move that slowly. Also I'm not very good at stealth games. I tend to just murder everyone or totally blow my own cover, then try to ditch the alert level.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    This, I'd like to respond to. I used to be a full on bargain bin gamer, then went to a new games are great phase and am now too ADULT to care either way.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat where I'll wait for some games and I'll buy others at launch. The only real rule is that if I think it is something I will enjoy and play for more than a few hours, I'll pick it up whenever I want it.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    I got the main game for under 20€ in December. Had a lot of fun in co-po with my friend. Haven't bothered with the DLC. So there can be some serious sales quite soon. This one was on Greenmangaming.com, with a coupon sort of deal (not personal).

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat where I'll wait for some games and I'll buy others at launch. The only real rule is that if I think it is something I will enjoy and play for more than a few hours, I'll pick it up whenever I want it.
    Partly this. If it's a game I want, I'll buy it, no matter the price. But I'll only buy it if I know I'll have time to play it. Unless it's a bargain, then I might buy it before I have time to play. I finally bought Thief III on steam because it was on sale, but I still need to finish DX:HR (which I bought some time ago, when it was also on sale on steam... I would have bought it earlier, but simply didn't have the time then...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Really? I got it on a pretty good Steam sale.

Pace meaning the fact that he walks almost the entire trailer. (...) I tend to just murder everyone or totally blow my own cover, then try to ditch the alert level.
    Right. I mean by "pace" that there tends to be enough action sequences that the stealth doesn't become irritating. At least that's true of Splinter Cell games. And also that breaking stealth doesn't usually fail the mission.

I expect similar things to be true of Watch Dogs. Missions shown in early gameplay trailers will tend to be closer to the beginning of the game. They may also have played it slower than needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Unless it's a bargain, then I might buy it before I have time to play.
    That's why I keep an eye on bargains. I did get Orcs Must Die with pre-release because I wanted the costume, so I make exceptions to the bargain rule... but generally I have enough games already to wait for specials. GW made sure of that.

If I ran out of games to play, I'd have no problem picking up a new title or even a sub. But the reality is that I just don't have enough time to play all the games I want to play.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    I got the main game for under 20€ in December. Had a lot of fun in co-po with my friend. Haven't bothered with the DLC. So there can be some serious sales quite soon. This one was on Greenmangaming.com, with a coupon sort of deal (not personal).
    Yup, same sale I got it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Really? I got it on a pretty good Steam sale.
    I paid $20 like six months ago. I posted the sale here in the forums.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I paid $20 like six months ago. I posted the sale here in the forums.
    If that was during XMas, I was away visiting my fiancee's family in Mexico. I probably missed it.

So yeah, I guess you're laughing slightly harder than me, but I am still laughing more than those who have paid full price. Unless they are fine paying extra for the privilege of playing it earlier.
    == Alaris & clone ==