GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Do they ban people for using excessive swearing when the XBOX won't start?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Speaking of dropping words, apparently Microsoft is banning users from Xbox-Live that use excessive swearing. I understand the intention is to protect other gamers, and provide a safe environment... but is Microsoft completely out of touch with gaming? Has no one at Microsoft ever played a game of League of Legends, or a deathmatch in Halo?

This is not a good move on Microsoft's part. The Xbox-One had a rocky launch as it is. And policing what people say while playing games is only going to scare players off more. Also, when is profanity considered excessive? Where do they draw the line?
    Ridiculous. If they think its a problem of protecting younger generations from the cussing of older generations.. well, heh...

GOG's winter sale has started today, and it begins with Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics free. Offer ends 1:59pm GMT Saturday. Be advised, their servers are being crushed at the moment, so expect lag and errors.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    it's a pity that even when i get trough, the site is borked.
    it keeps on logging me out, i can't even add the game.......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Got on just fine and downloaded the games. You just have to keep trying. Free Fallout stuff is good.
    mv

In other news, youtube's new copyright flagging system goes nuts, and every single gaming review gets flagged for using videos of the game they are reviewing. Angry Joe goes on quite an angry rant, as this nonsense threatens his income, like it threatens the income of many youtube content creators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfHdasuWtI

Basically, if you produce youtube videos with ad revenue, you could get a dozen bogus copyright claims. Many of which aren't even issued by the game studios or by legitimate copyright owners. Videos that are flagged cannot be watched, and disputing claims takes at least 30 days. That's a month worth of income that is gone. And people like Angry Joe receive hundreds of these copyright flags for every single video they've made. For example, for a Star Wars Kinect review he did, he received flags for his video containing songs from the Star Wars movie soundtrack. Now if youtube sides with whoever made the copyright claim, they could get your entire account suspended. But in many cases, the flags are produced automatically by their completely retarded flagging bot.

I guess I wisely decided not to make money on my channel, but even then some of my Guild Wars videos have been flagged several times for using parts of soundtracks that I legitimately own. I successfully fought those bogus copyright claims under the US law of free use, although it is possible some of them are still blocked for German users, since their copyright laws are even more retarded. This nonsense is really getting out of hand.

UPDATED:

Many companies have issued comments where they denounce this system, or offer assistance for getting content of their fans unflagged. It is still a giant hassle. And I'm pretty sure not every company will jump to the aid of youtube users. Angry Joe made a less angry follow up, with a suggestion on how to fix this system, and he uses one of his Guild Wars 2 reviews as an example.

Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 13-12-2013 at 12:48.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Got on just fine and downloaded the games. You just have to keep trying. Free Fallout stuff is good.
    it's not the overload, the website is simply bugged.
    i can't login without being kicked out, their "help" aswer is to clean my cash whish i always do every 2 months or so (and just did) and it constantly brings me to the main page.
    if noly they never changed their website, it would've worked right.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    it's not the overload, the website is simply bugged.
    i can't login without being kicked out, their "help" aswer is to clean my cash whish i always do every 2 months or so (and just did) and it constantly brings me to the main page.
    if noly they never changed their website, it would've worked right.
    They seem to have messed around a bit with their servers to handle the additional load. One side-effect seems to be that when you arrive on GOG's main page, you're not logged in. However if I just go to the forums, the site remembers that I'm supposed to be logged in, and then I can go back to the main page and still be logged in.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dust View Post
    They seem to have messed around a bit with their servers to handle the additional load. One side-effect seems to be that when you arrive on GOG's main page, you're not logged in. However if I just go to the forums, the site remembers that I'm supposed to be logged in, and then I can go back to the main page and still be logged in.
    i dunno what's wrong but no it doesn't, i go to the forum just as you said and i am logged out, go back to the main page and again logged out.
    no matter how many times i try to log in and go to a different page, i get logged out again.

so for me it's a no-no on every single game GOG has, even the games i have on my account.

sorudo.9054