PC Gaming News
Page 164 of 448 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4479
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I kissed a girl and I liked it
    Hope my girlfriend don't mind it
    It felt so wrong it felt so right
    don't think I'm in love tonight (?)
    I kissed a girl and I liked it
    I liked it

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

hehe Guilty as charged, I love The Sims. Apparently so does Katy Perry. Yeah, it's a good game, though lately I've been doing more writing fan fiction stories than playing it. Oh, and building and sharing things on the Exchange, and I want to get into making videos again. It's been over a year since my last one, and that was a Guild Wars one. My goodness...too bad I can't get my program to work properly in Windows 7. Grrr...

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    You mean the expansion to The Sims 3, or the updated version of The Witcher 2?
    The Sims 3. I just can't stand Perry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointless View Post
    The Sims 3. I just can't stand Perry at all.
    It was more of a retorical question actually, as I was taking a stab at Witcher 2. Seriously, in defence of The Sims 3, atleast you get what you expect when you buy it. Like the game or not, it's a fine game for those that like that genre.

I personally love RPG's, and I love hack 'n slash. I skipped Witcher 1, because it got terrible reviews, but the reviews for part 2 weren't that bad. Everyone was all over how good the graphics are, and how they fixed the combat. Well, I played it, and it starts off with lots of combat. And none of it feels satisfying. 15 minutes of Guild Wars 2 combat felt a hundred times more satisfying than several hours of playing Witcher 2's combat. And its not that it didn't try. Right from the start of the game you lead a siege on a castle, fighting tons of soldiers on top of the walls, taking on the lord of the castle one on one. But the combat just doesn't work. Sword fighting feels awkward and handicapped. Magic use feels slow with an unpleasant interface. Potion brewing is just way too complicated and tacked on, the game could do without it and be better for it. And then there are also mutations, hell, I didn't even get to using those. Oh, and you can make poisons as well, and put those on your arrows and swords. But why would you? Most of the enemies respawn in explorables, or die in a few hits, so it is a waste of a poison (the brewing of which is a slow process that also involves gathering all the ingredients). You might think of saving a poison or two for a boss, but again, what would be the point if all boss fights end in quicktime events? It all feels so lineair and staged, that most of the tons of options that they provide you with, feel like just too much of a chore. I didn't feel encouraged to improve my character at any point.

It is such a contrast to Dungeons and Dragons Online, which I have been playing a lot lately, since it went free to play. It is certainly not as good as Guild Wars, but there are lots of things it does better. The graphics don't get anywhere close to those of the Witcher or Guild Wars. But your character is constantly improving. Crafting your own items is fun, combat, platforming and magic are fun. Dungeons are fun, with interesting bosses, quests and rewards. Yet combat is also so simple. I just don't get how they managed to overcomplicate it in Witcher 2, and get it all wrong. Did the designers stop to ask themselves what is fun about their game at any point?

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I have to completely disagree with you in regards to the Witcher 2. I found the characters likeable and very well written (much better than anything Bioware released recently) (Letho, the bald witcher in the trailer Zalis posted, is one of my favorite antagonists ever). The combat was a bit off-putting at first but works well once you figure it out (and is actually better than most other action-rpgs). For magic you pretty much only ever use the same 2 or 3 spells (mostly just Quen really, makes combat a lot easier) and crafting potions and bombs isn't complicated at all, just select the recipe and make sure you have the ingredients. The majority of the quick-time events can be disabled in the options, leaving only the really easy ones, and I really don't understand why you didn't just disable them if you dislike them so much. Also did not have any framerate problems, but I didn't try to max out the graphics either. Only loading time that is long is when switching chapters or loading a savegame right after having booted the game. Once you're playing, all loading is done in the background.

Oh, and you don't have any "arrows", only weapons you use are your two swords, throwing daggers and bombs. And I'm pretty sure you can't poison the daggers. Actually I'm pretty sure you can't make poisons, only potions, oils and bombs.

It's a great game, and IMO does the "cinematic action-rpg thing" better than most other games in the genre, including Mass Effect. Now if you don't like those to start with, that could explain why you didn't like it. Either way, comparing it to an MMO or D&D is just silly, they're completely different types of games.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    If I have to listen to one of the two: Christina Perri > Katy Perry

The Witcher was a long haul kind of game. One of those titles that you have to be interested in to put up with some of the downsides. Some of those downsides, like the slow loading, etc, have since been resolved in the Extended or Director's edition that came out afterward. The intro caught my attention and I had a lot of time on my hands at that point, so I didn't mind the plodding pace. I ended up really enjoying its odd, harsh world and the decisions you had to make. (stupid nude cards aside)

Despite hearing how TW2 throws you directly into some less-than-casual combat, I expect some of the same. Quirks and frustrations in a game that will be worth it for those who stick with it, but not the pick up & play kind of game. I think it's okay for a game to do that, honestly, because we're all a bit too used to easy games. It's not everyone's cup of tea. (Rob - that's not a jab at your abilities or patience, just my take on it) I plan on picking up TW2 when it's on a steep sale, at which point I may have upgraded my CPU and be able to run it decently. (e8400 C2duo)
    Last edited by Zalis; 03-02-2012 at 14:50.

Yeah like everyone else I've heard said they liked Witcher 2: Witch Harder

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    ****ING WARHAMMER 40000 SPACE MARINE 16 DOLLARS ON STEAM ALL WEEKEND

oh yeah and the other warhammer games are cheap too but lol who cares cause THERES SPACE MARINE AHHHHHHH

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

I did not like that demo.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i tried the game ones, really the worst game i have tried till now from that kind of genre.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054