PC Gaming News
Page 169 of 448 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 4479
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I HATED San Andreas. There was so much micro-managing. By the time you would finish at the gym (because without working out, your character was soooo slloowww), the day was over and you couldn't do any missions. That was the last GTA game I played.
    Slanderous lies! Buffing up in the gym took very little time, tedious though I'll agree it was, and the muscle was actually rather hard to get rid of again.
    Making a fat character took rather more effort in fact, since then you actually had to stop playing the game for several minutes, several times a game-day to not only get CJ fat watching him eat burger after burger, but to make him stay fat in spite of all the running around he would be doing in missions and whatnot.
    -I suspect that imbalance was designed on purpose; Rockstar always did like their ironic commentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I can't wait for ME 3 =D I MIGHT even buy it at full price.
    Oh my goodness; stop having tastes different from mine, you insufferable plebeian! :o

-In seriousness, though, I can't seem to work up an interest in ME 3, and even if I could, there's EA with their Origin hovering over it all.
    I suspect BioWare and I have just grown apart. I wish them luck in their onward ventures.
    Last edited by Soulstorm; 20-02-2012 at 17:29.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    @Soul
    I'm kind of feeling the same way about ME3. I mean, I want to find out what happens, and really enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and 2, but the ME3 teasers just aren't clicking with me. Shepard looks so void of character in every image they throw out. There's also the whole 'femshep' thing that further confuses it. Apparently I enjoy "looking at a dude's butt" if I prefer male shep. (whatever happened to seeing your character as your character?) Throw in Origin, which I have continued to resist, and it's a resounding 'meh' at this point.

Just bought and finished the awesome Dear Esther. It is pretty much exactly as the free mod, but with amazing graphics, new music, and some new content. It is also a bit more randomized, but still the same experience thankfully. I'm pretty sure this will be one of those games where some people hate it, and some love it. And most of those that hate it, probably don't get it. The game is like a virtual poem, and poetry demands a bit of efford on the reader. Efford, I think the average gamer lacks.

Achievements:
    Steam has Just Cause 2 on sale for $5, but only for another 15 hours. If you haven't played it, get it! There's also a demo, which you probably have time to check out beforehand. It's a ridiculously fun action game. The story is purposely cheesy, as to set up some of the ridiculous scenarios.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    About Just Cause 2, I'm getting somewhat bored with it. It gets repetitive, and the challenge is just increased by giving foes more armor and stronger bullets, rather than actually setting up more complex scenarios. Still, I recommend the 5$, it's still a lot of fun until it gets repetitive.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/200210/

There's this new F2P game on Steam. It's a cool idea and it's fun, but I don't think if it will keep my attention for long. Especially with the horrible performance I'm getting (20 FPS in an 8bit game? Really? I know my laptop is bad, but this bad?)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    That looks rather fun, yet also dizzying enough to make me puke after playing it for a while.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    It's hilarious that a web game is now on Steam. I played a little bit of RotMG when RPS covered it last year. May, maybe. It's incredibly addictive at first, but then you realized how silly it is. Most MMOs have the benefit of hiding that aspect a bit better, but it's still fun to fire up and play for a bit. Perma-death keeps it interesting.

@Alaris
    How long did it take you to get bored in JC2? I was fine until I finished the main storyline. Then, a little bit after that, I just didn't feel like doing anything else in-game. Still, the freedom of movement and grapple ability are things I'd recommend to anyone. For $5, it's a no-brainer.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Grapple is awesome, and for 5$ it's a no-brainer. I already got my money's worth.

But I find the content repetitive, so it's worth mentioning. I haven't finished the storyline. I got bored of JC1 as well before finishing the storyline.

At some point, it just becomes the same level I played before, but with more foes in it. They don't know how to make diversity.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    That game I linked is actually pretty cool with friends. It has a lot of the same elements Guild Wars 2 has in terms of combat, though simplified a lot. Everyone around you shares xp, if you're doing something.

It's a pain for the fingers to play it for longer than half an hour though.