PC Gaming News
Page 204 of 448 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4479
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Bastion is awesome.
    I know!
    Spend 25-30 bucks on game + soundtrack, but it was worth it.

...I'm gonna play me some Bastion.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    The secret room isn't too hard to find. One kind of annoying thing is that it's basically impossible to beat the game without grinding some achievements; there aren't enough coins to get 600 pellets, so you have to unlock achievements to get the rest of the money. I made it to like 574 pellets and had to do achievements for the last 26.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    As a mother of two,
    Why did I think you were a young childless male all this time? Huh. Just goes to show you...something...or other...
    mv

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    I've gotten my wife addicted to Plants vs Zombies. It began as an iPod time waster on our honeymoon plane flights, and now we just finished playing co-op on the 360 version. Success. Oh, and that was right after we finished watching the Firefly pilot. Double success.

Also, a guy on my Steam list has put 183 hours into Realm of the Mad God. To be honest, I think that scares me a little.
    Last edited by Zalis; 05-05-2012 at 18:51.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Plants vs Zombies is awesome, especially all the minigames that come with it. I wish some of them were developed more.

7 hours played in Bastion, still loving it. Some weapon combos are terrible, and unfortunately when you get a new weapon, you don't get to pick which hand. So once I had the bow and the sniper gun. Grrrr. Minor annoyance usually though because you can usually change weapons fairly soon after.

Also, I really love how dark that game gets in places. I actually felt some distress in that mine where you had to get some coal and start a fire... I kept thinking something bad was going to happen. Weird how a cartoonish game managed to pull me in like that.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

got 398/400... missed lighting all torches although couldn't find any more and "Royale with Cheese" ... not sure what that achievement is...

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Plants vs Zombies is awesome, especially all the minigames that come with it. I wish some of them were developed more.
    As much as I tend to put down console versions, PvZ on the 360 appears to be the best one available. You get all of the usual content, but can play co-op, versus, mini-games, and it even has some extra polish added to the zombie wave music. The downside is that it's also the most expensive, at 1200 MS points ($15 USD). But I'll be darned if it hasn't already been worth its cost to get us both playing together.

The co-op is actually best part, IMO. Both players can do whatever they want, but we tend to have me managing sunlight and her managing firepower. It's funny to see how she chooses to play (as a non-gamer). Some of her choices aren't the most efficient, but then she'll surprise me by using something and having it work better than I would've expected. Also, you can hold X to put butter on zombies' heads (to slow them down). It's enough of a twist on the game that I'm finding it fun, despite having already completed it on the PC and iOS.
    Last edited by Zalis; 05-05-2012 at 20:20.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Why did I think you were a young childless male all this time? Huh. Just goes to show you...something...or other...
    Wizards did it. Likely the Magicka ones.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    got 398/400... missed lighting all torches although couldn't find any more and "Royale with Cheese" ... not sure what that achievement is...
    http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

Unfortunately, I didn't see it listed. Are you sure that's the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    As much as I tend to put down console versions, PvZ on the 360 appears to be the best one available. (...) The co-op is actually best part, IMO.
    Sounds fun.

I'd consider it if I had a 360. I have a PS2 and Wii.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Did you get the ones in the secret room? Or did you try extinguishing and relighting them? There are achievements for torches in each of the rooms, so if you have all those, you should have gotten the onefor lighting them all.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!