Jamestown is 66% off on Steam today (daily sale -- 14hrs left as of posting).
So, I may have mentioned Tribes: Ascend once or twice already...
...but this weekend would be a good time to check it out, because they're offering double XP until Tuesday. So, double XP for all kills, objectives achieved, etc. It's good for beginners, because getting XP early helps you unlock classes and figure out what play style you prefer.
Today we surpassed 500,000 fans on Facebook. To celebrate this milestone, we're awarding double XP this holiday weekend...starting tomorrow!
- You can play on any existing public or custom server between Friday, May 25th at 10:00am EST through Tuesday, May 29th at 10am EST and you will receive twice the base experience per match.
- The double XP event will apply to servers worldwide.
- All players are eligible for the Double XP event whether or not they are fans of the Tribes: Ascend Facebook page.
- The promotion applies only to base XP. It does not apply to other XP sources such as Accolades or First Win of The Day.
- The promotion applies to public servers and custom servers that exist as of Friday, May 25th at 10:00am EST. The promotion does not apply to any Custom Server created or made active after the start of the event.
- Players with VIP status and/or an active XP boosts will receive those bonuses in addition to the double XP.
I don't have any plans and it's supposed to rain most of the weekend... I am writing a Post-It to try this since I basically have nothing to do for the next three days except go to the gym and sleep in the sun if we get any.
Nice. If you do, my in-game name is deadlybydsgn. (tho I usually launch it thru Steam [as a non-Steam game] anyway, and I think you're on my list) Also, if you use the link I provided, I get a small XP kickback when you hit level 6. It's not much, like 5k, but it's better than nothing.
And for anybody itching for a reason to dive back into Skyrim, the next update adds mounted combat.
1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)NEW FEATURES
- Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAMIf you’d like to download the 1.6 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
Last edited by Zalis; 25-05-2012 at 16:17.
Some game on my Steam wishlist was 60% off, and I had forgotten what it was. So I checked it, went meh it looks fun and it's cheap, and bought it.
I do wish they would just email us when the price drops.
I was totally expecting a remake/sequel/homage/something/anything to Primal Rage when I clicked.
That game looks kind of funny.
Looks like there are only four human models, four kind of dinosaurs (maybe three). And the pterodactyl doesn't do anything the whole game! lol