PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master of Magic builds

Well, with the recent update for [Master of Magic] I figured it would be awsome to share builds. Since I'm really busy with school this year and I haven't been able to log in until the weekends, this build has yet to be tested. I'm not entirely sure if this build is able to deal enough damage (Ok, so the name is unoriginal, but hey, it popped into my head as the build was thought up):

This build is for pve

[build name="Earth,Wind and Fire" prof=Elementalist EnergyStorage=12+1+3][GlowStone][Stoning][Enervating Charge][Lightning Orb][Rodgort's Invocation][Glyph of lesser Energy][Aura of Restoration][Master of Magic][/build]

(Major note: Coding does not have the updated Master of Magic description, same for Glowstone. Also, this is the first time I ever posted an entire build using forums code.)

The remaining attribute points can be spent on any element line and all forms of equipment depend on the player's preferance.

Yes, I do know my build is not as awsome as some might hope for, but that's why I made this thread.
    Last edited by Guildoholic; 12-09-2008 at 02:08. Reason: Not supposed to end in question mark.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

StormBluff
    Guild

GWOA, TRUE
    It would do decent damage in normal, might not do well toward the end areas, but why use MoR with no other fire skills?

One thing to take notice of now is that you can use Glyph on Elemental Power and bring all of your elemental attributes up to 14.

@Nochtflamir
    Huh??

@BlueHeaven
    I'm pretty sure MoM sets all elemental attributes to 12 and locks them at 12.
    Last edited by Guildoholic; 12-09-2008 at 16:02.

Master of magic :

Elite Enchantment Spell. For 1...49...61 seconds, all of your elemental attributes are set to 12 and you gain +0...2...2 Energy regeneration. This enchantment ends if you use a non-Elementalist skill.

Glyph of elemental power :

Glyph. For 25 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 10 Spells.

The way it reads the glyph affects your next ten spells rather than the attributes. Like the next ten spells act as if the base attribute ( in our case 12 ) got raised by 2 which doesn't mean that the attributes themselves got modified.

Before the update this combo wasn't viable because activating a glyph terminated the effect of the elite. That's no longer the case.

I don't have the elite yet, so could someone please verify this ? btw what about intensity ?
    Last edited by sequel; 12-09-2008 at 17:02.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

StormBluff
    Guild

GWOA, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildoholic View Post
    @Nochtflamir
    Huh??
    Nevermind, I was tired and wasn't paying attention.

Gorani did test MoM with spells and items that boost attributes, they stayed at 12...also note that if you are under lvl 20 in EoTN, MoM gets overridden by Journey to the North.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    sequel, you can test the Glyph easily enough. Open your attributes panel, use the glyph, watch your attributes change.

And I believe Gorani tested with Intensity, the Glyph, and consumables, all when Master of Magic first changed.

[shock arrow@12][shell shock@12][liquid flame@12][fireball@12][windborne speed@12][ward of stability@12][ward against melee@12][master of magic@14]

Used this on a hero. Worked decently well.
    A more PvP oriented version:

[glowing ice@12][shell shock@12][freezing gust@12][blurred vision@12][windborne speed@12][ward of stability@12][ward against melee@12][master of magic@14]

A funnier version:

[glowing gaze@12][shell shock@12][steam@12][glyph of immolation@12][windborne speed@12][ward of stability@12][ward against melee@12][master of magic@14]

I'm pretty sure MoM sets all elemental attributes to 12 and locks them at 12.
    No I've tested it, Glyph of Elemental Power increases them to 14 when using MoM.

Still gotta do some hard thinking to try and put a good build together for this skill though.
    Energy is still a bit of a concern, and using high energy skills from multiple elements won't be a viable option. The +2 pip of E won't be enough to cover the cost of not using attunements. I guessing the best use or builds will be support, not damage.
    Last edited by BlueHeaven; 12-09-2008 at 19:13.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    No I've tested it, Glyph of Elemental Power increases them to 14 when using MoM.
    Just double checked myself, and you're right. I must have misremembered Gorani's results (or it changed, whichever).