PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I tried something like this:
    [Glowing Gaze][Steam][Glowing Ice][Glyph of Immolation][Blurred Vision][Deep Freeze][Master of Magic][Aura of Restoration]

Works ok, but still nothing special. I suppose I could drop freeze freeze, then loose one of the glow skills.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    From memory...

[Immolate][Steam][Glowing Gaze][Deep Freeze][Glyph of Elemental Power][Ward Against Elements][Aura of Restoration][Master of Magic]
    (switched out ward depending on area)

In a word... meh. But it was amusing to use my prismatic armor that had been previously only used in the Junundu (empty skill bar, set four attributes to 9, hilarity ensues).

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    I tried something like this:
    [Glowing Gaze][Steam][Glowing Ice][Glyph of Immolation][Blurred Vision][Deep Freeze][Master of Magic][Aura of Restoration]

Works ok, but still nothing special. I suppose I could drop freeze freeze, then loose one of the glow skills.
    Why would you use MoM with that? It's not worth it. Just drop Fire Magic to 8, pump Water Magic and get another elite that suits the build better.

Besides Glyph of Immolation, which only needs 8 Fire to receive the 3 sec mark, and Glowing Gaze, which the power doesn't come from the damage but the energy that isn't related to Fire Magic whatsoever, you're only using Water.

People, Master of Magic is supposed to be an elite to allow Elementalists to use more then 2 elements. If you're not gonna use more then 2 elements it isn't worth it. You're better off with another elite.

^^ never said it was any good, but it does work (energy wise). MoM kinda sucks cause trying to use skills from 3 different elements just so MoM seems useful usually just kills a what could have been a much better build.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    ^^ never said it was any good, but it does work (energy wise). MoM kinda sucks cause trying to use skills from 3 different elements just so MoM seems useful usually just kills a what could have been a much better build.

Actually, that's not entirelly true.

Since the reason to use MoM is to be able to use multiple elemental atributes it also means that MoM isn't an elite for damage but an elite for support.

By using multiple atributes effectivelly you have a very high support capability. Just see some other MoM builds around. Most of them include Wards, Burning, snares, Weakness and even Cracked Armor through Shell Shock in the same bar.

Okay, so I decided to capitalize on the Prismatic Insignia idea and that nagging notion I've always had that an IDS just looks spiffy on an Ele...anywho:

[build name="Aramis" prof=Elementalist/Warrior desc="Weapon: Icy Dragon Sword of Enchanting{br}Shield: Adamantine Shield" Energystorage=11+1+3 Swordsmanship=10 Tactics=10 ][Teinais Heat@14][Grasping Earth@14][Inferno@14][Flame Burst@14][Master of Magic@15][Glyph of Elemental Power@15][Conjure Frost@14][Aura of Restoration@15][/build]

I know, I know "An Elementalist with an Icy Dragon Sword? You worthless Spellsword wannabe, you!" But here's the kicker: it's best used with Heroes/Henchmen, since you've got three enchants to keep up (and your heroes won't flame you). "And why do we have three enchants, you Conjure Frost using weirdo???!!"

One word: Symbiosis.
    Bring a ranger hero with you (I'm not very far into Nightfall and don't own EotN, so I bring Jin, who doesn't have runes yet), and have her setup like so:

[build name="Jin" prof=Ranger/Monk desc= BeastMastery=12 Expertise=10 WildernessSurvival=8 ][Distracting Shot@10][Savage Shot@0][Revive Animal@12][Symbiosis@12][Charm Animal@12][Troll Unguent@8][Call of Protection@12][Rebirth][/build]

Having Jin have a "Hearty" pet helps with the tanking, and Symbiosis will just about double your health. Just make sure to cast that one yourself, as she has a habit of laying it down whenever and wherever. I have her bring [Revive Animal] since one of my other heroes usually brings a pet as well, keeping most things fairly well body-blocked and away from the soft, squishy things your Elementalist used to hang with. Basically, the strategy is to have Jin cast Symbiosis while you cast your enchants (MoM, GoEP, CF, and AoR), then wade into battle, sword swinging (doing a fair bit of damage, but nothing spectacular), and just when they think they've seen everything, blast them with your two quick-recharge, no exhaustion PBAoEs, [Inferno] and [Flame Burst] 'til they drop. Use [Grasping Earth] if someone tries to slide past, or to keep them in place for [teinais heat].

One caveat I should have mentioned right away, this is definitely for NM PvE, as anything that doesn't use AI will very quickly shred you, no matter what health you have...you Spellsword wannabe, you...

Also, [Teinais Heat] is a skill I just like to use on hard-to-scratch places, but it's totally switchable, and [Aura of Restoration] probably should be switched for [Kinetic Armor] if you still feel a bit squishy. [Flame Burst] does a fairly good job of keeping [Kinetic Armor] active, but is a real drain on energy. Other than that, MoM can usually keep up with costs, but you may find yourself swinging your sword without spells for a bit if you really lay on Flame Burst's throttle. (I really haven't used Kinetic Armor much, since AoR with Inferno and Flameburst seems to keep health pretty steady, thus far).

Shieldwise, the Adamantine Shield from Haibir at the Barbarous Shore is a good choice (haven't gotten there yet, though, so I can't confirm) since it gives +45 health and -2 damage while enchanted, and you should always be enchanted. The good part about having 3-4 enchants up at all times is that it's much harder to strip MoM away.

Alright, I'll leave this there, so the flaming can commence...(I would, however, welcome suggestions on a better spell to replace Tenai's Heat...was thinking Flame Djinn's Haste, or something similar...)...

And before you flame, try...I promise, it's FUN. Serrrosly.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

You already confirmed this build isn't for high-end play and simply for the "lulz" factor, so there is really no reason to flame you.

Usually when Elementalists start throwing around Fireballs at each other is because the build poster thinks his build is actually "good" no matter what others say.

As long as you use it with Heroes and Hench only, you can use whatever you want.

Don't run a sup energy storage. Neither MoM nor AoR improves in a meaningful way after 12 ES.
    Run [[Flame Djinn's Haste] when using Symbiosis and wanting to fight in melee.
    [[Star Burst]+[[Fire Attunement]+[[Conjure Flame]>[[Master of Magic]+[[Inferno]+[[Conjure Frost].
    No reason for 10 swords or 10 tactics, lower both to 9 (or increase swords to 12. Lower tactics anyway.).

Dump Wilderness on the Ranger, pump up Expertise instead.
    [[Companionship]>Troll Unguent.
    [[Comfort Animal]>Revive Animal. Range>PBAoE, petheal>res-only.
    [[Heal As One]>Troll Unguent+Revive Animal, saves you a slot.
    Anything>Call of Prot. If you need more survivability for the pet, run something like [[Predator's pounce].
    [[Magebane Shot]>Savage Shot.
    Remember, unlocked elites are useable on Heroes. No need to cap just get 3k faction.

Think that covers most of it.
    Lastly, the build is bad. If you wanna run it run it well though.
    Last edited by Akirai Annuvil; 26-09-2008 at 18:33. Reason: Edited out incorrect info.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    GoEP doesn't work with MoM.
    It does. Tested earlier in the thread by myself and BlueHeaven and Gorani (but feel free to check on your own if you don't believe us).

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

It's confirmed, GoEP works with MoM. (Why shouldn't ? It's an elemental skill)

Akirai, you're missing updates my friend!