PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    Naor Vyr, congrats on your RA success, i have some alterations though.

honestly, i rather have kinetic armor than lava font. People could just avoid the AOE. Shock is nice, but i like frozen burst + lightning touch(because a snare is greatly beneficial and hexes are harder to remove than conditions.)

glyph of ele power isn't too bad too, but consider slippery ground if you're going to inflict blind.

consider spamming flame burst too. with that, kinetic armor can be kept up. 100 + fire damage every 5 seconds plus constant slashing can really hurt sometimes. With that additional energy regen, you can seriously pack a punch.

to sum it up, my build would go

MOM
    Conjure Frost
    Frozen Burst
    Kinetic Armor
    Flame Burst
    Aura of Restoration(or slippery ground)
    Shock/Lightning Touch
    Res Sig

First, enter battle with enchants, use frozen burst followed by flame
    burst, slash during the cooldown.

Second cycle would include flame burst, slash and frozen burst again. This way the snare can be kept constant.

Melee can be quite a trouble especially the magehunters but blind(from touch) should be able to stop them in RA situations, just snare them if you took shock. A lot of RAers like to cluster f*** so its a bonus if you hit more than one.

Many monks won't remove blind from themselves, if you decide to use slippery ground, it will be useful, especially for surprise. I don't suggest a spell blade chase after a monk, but rather other casters. you could assist from far too though with slippery ground, an observant eye can spot blind on other players easily. thus it is viable to drop AoRestoration for slippery ground if you chose lightning touch. I stil prefer shock tho.

Enchant removals will really get in the way. Always cover MOM with at least 2 other enchants. This way it stays safe. with 20 second cooldown, you won't need to worry. IF MOM still manages to sway. then you're screwed.
    Res signet could be replaced by another usefull skill to!An enchantment , etc.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkks gw View Post
    Res signet could be replaced by another usefull skill to!An enchantment , etc.

Never, EVER!! take rezz signet for something else in PvP.

There is no other skill in the game that allows you to have a "load from the start" effect.

That makes rezz signet the most powerfull skill in PvP.

Better say two exceptions before madness starts:
    1) Monks or what ever makes keeps you standing
    2) AB and HB (really no idea about HB)

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Wethospu View Post
    Better say two exceptions before madness starts:
    1) Monks or what ever makes keeps you standing
    2) AB and HB (really no idea about HB)

Sure, those 2 exceptions are valid.

I'm talking in general though. Rezz Signet shouldn't be taken out of a skill bar unless you meet one (or 2) of the above exceptions.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that you knew it.

It was more for the others.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Wethospu View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty sure that you knew it.

It was more for the others.

Well, there COULD be a third exception. You could be a Mesmer and bring a hard rezz instead of rezz signet. The Fast Casting + renewability can sometimes be better then a single use Rezz Signet.

But that's off-topic to the thread.

I have a general idea to set forth before I actually go and create/test this build.

What if one were to make an E/W build with Master of Magic, a full set of prismatic insignia armor, a zealous (perfect sword) of enchanting, and a shield with a shield handle of devotion?

Now, using a non elementalist skill ends Master of Magic, but instead, give the character a line of AoE skills like whirlwind and aftershock (a good combo, as whirlwind knocks foes down and aftershock deals extra damage to knocked down foes.), bed of coals etc. Maybe a long ranged spell or two for versatility.

Does this sound like a viable build for PvE?

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartvandal View Post
    I have a general idea to set forth before I actually go and create/test this build.

What if one were to make an E/W build with Master of Magic, a full set of prismatic insignia armor, a zealous (perfect sword) of enchanting, and a shield with a shield handle of devotion?

Now, using a non elementalist skill ends Master of Magic, but instead, give the character a line of AoE skills like whirlwind and aftershock (a good combo, as whirlwind knocks foes down and aftershock deals extra damage to knocked down foes.), bed of coals etc. Maybe a long ranged spell or two for versatility.

Does this sound like a viable build for PvE?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It has already been stated that using MoM means that's you're taking on a fully supportive role. You aren't supposed to deal damage, you're supposed to snare your enemies, blind them, crack their armor and speed up your allies.

The reason? MoM can only boost your atributes to 12. If you use Glyph of Elemental Power you can boost them to 14 but you lose the awesome energy management of Glyph of Lesser Energy that allows you, combined with an attunement, to unleash those powerfull nukes (Rodgort's Invocation, Orb of Lightning, Deep Freeze, Eruption, etc). Since you're using multiple elements, attunements are worthless, and you lose the best energy management the ele has available. In other words, you can't use the most offensive spells at your disposal.

And we all know that specialization is best in PvE. The monsters don't require you to use very different roles at a moment. You're better off being a specialized Fire nuker, an Air disrupter, an Earth Defenser or a Water snarer.

Another point, that Akirai rightfully pointed out, is that using MoM prevents you from using secondary skills. Aegis, Heal Party, Reverse Hex, etc, are awesome on an ele, since the ele has the best energy management skills in the game, allowing him to spam those skills with no real problem. (I can't tell you how many times Aegis saved me in HM agaisnt assassins, rangers and warriors)

However, we're talking about PvE, where even an empty skillbar could complete it, so the point is moot.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I think with the arrival of a tweaked Elemental Lord, we have to look at Master of Magic again.

Master of Magic@16:
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 65 seconds, all of your elemental attributes are set to 12 and you gain +2 Energy regeneration. This enchantment ends if you use a non-Elementalist skill.

Elemental Lord@12
    Enchantment Spell. For 60 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 1, you gain 1 Energy for every 10 ranks of Energy Storage, and you are healed for 300% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell.

Glyph of Elemental Power
    Glyph. For 25 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 10 Spells.

(yes, BBCode is pretty outdated)

With those 3 skills, you have five other Elementalist skills at your disposal with an attribute rating of 15 and an Armour level of 80. Elemental Lord now heals like a Aura of Restoration at attribute level 5 (300%). I still have to check if they stack.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

* This skill ignores runes and modifiers with the exception of Glyph of Elemental Power, Elemental Lord, and the +1 attribute bonus from headgear.

From the Wiki.
    So using
    [Master of Magic]
    [glyph of elemental power]
    [elemental lord]
    and <head set> +1, you have one attribute at 16 to play with and 4 at 15.

I'd probably run it with:

[ward against melee@15]
    [shell shock@15]
    [freezing gust@15]
    [liquid flame@16]
    [fireball@16]

Though to be honest, I'd probably run something with an actual effect instead of GoEP.
    Also, lol:
    [master of magic][goep][elemental lord][grasping earth@16][teinai's wind@15][whirlwind@15][bed of coals@15][aftershock@16]
    Last edited by Akirai Annuvil; 15-05-2009 at 22:13.