PC Gaming News

Talking Expansion trouble

idk if this is right area to write this but. . .

I am going to get ONE of the expansions pretty soon and idk which 1 i want. i have 2 choose between EOTN, Factions, Nightfall

Probably not factions since i want heroes.

i want one that comes w/ decent amount of good skills and a fun storyline.

thank u in advance 4 all the help.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

If you can only pick NF or EotN, I would have to recommend NightFall. Especially since you play a monk, you will want to get dismiss condition, mending touch, Zealous Benediction [E], Light of Deliverance [E], and Shield of Absorption.

Also, EotN is not a full campaign, so it comes with no Elite skills (it had Elite PVE only skills though), and a much smaller number of new skills than NF has. NF is also a longer, deeper storyline experience than EotN (though I like them both) and comes with two new character classes (Dervish/Paragon) that are very powerful when played right.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    I agree 100% with BladeDVD. Nightfall also has a larger active player base than factions, so it is much easier to find a group for a mission.

get all if you can though. Heroes like zenmai can only be gotten if you have both nf and factions. eotn has many heroes too. to use the effective sabway, which requires 3 necromancer heroes, you'll need all.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:

Unless you play a necro yourself.

You can get the three necro heroes just with EotN, NF and Prohecies. Not sure if any of the Sabway skills are Factions only though.

Aside from that, I would agree with the above posters and recommend NF.

I agree with BladeDVD Nightfall is the best place to start GW, you get heroes, the campaign design feels more like an mmo then factions and prophecies, the story is deep and interesting (it is my favorite campaign).
    The best suggestion i can give is go to gamespy or IGN, read about the campaigns and get the one you like, this is how i got my first campaign.