PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Weapons

Amantis. First, there are two Powerful "Weapons" I didn't put in:

Stormcaller - don't know if it is ancient.
    Forbidden/Lost Scrolls - ancient yes, but weapon? Might put up later, when I feel like it.

The Ancient Weapon you linked to I DID talk about. IT IS NOT AN ANCIENT WEAPON. It is just titled Ancient Weapon. That is all. Look at the bottom of the OP.

Tome of Rubicon is not a weapon and it is NOT what turned the Dwarves into stone - the Hammer of the Great Dwarf did (and I did forgot that, when/if I add Stormcaller and the Forbidden Scrolls, I'll add the Hammer of the Great Dwarf).

Quote Originally Posted by Konig Des Todes View Post
    Amantis. First, there are two Powerful "Weapons" I didn't put in:

Stormcaller - don't know if it is ancient.
    Forbidden/Lost Scrolls - ancient yes, but weapon? Might put up later, when I feel like it.

The Ancient Weapon you linked to I DID talk about. IT IS NOT AN ANCIENT WEAPON. It is just titled Ancient Weapon. That is all. Look at the bottom of the OP.

Tome of Rubicon is not a weapon and it is NOT what turned the Dwarves into stone - the Hammer of the Great Dwarf did (and I did forgot that, when/if I add Stormcaller and the Forbidden Scrolls, I'll add the Hammer of the Great Dwarf).
    Dude, either you need to learn how to use bold, or stop yelling at me. I didn't mean to appear to reprimand your OP, just mention additional weapons that should have mention. And while we don't know a lot about the ancient weapon, its called that for a reason and may very well be ancient.

Yeah...It would help to lighten the tone of your posts Konig. Also, Amantis, it technically is an ancient weapon, developed by the civilization that built their city nearby the Lonely Vigil, the statue that falls over when you approach it. However, we do not know the exact effects of the weapon, as in, did it wipe out everyone in that area, as it would seem, or even further.

Due to that fact, it cannot be classified as one of the ancient weapons. It seems to me that the characteristics Konig specifies for them are to their effects and the range of these effects. Without knowing both of these characteristics of the Ancient Weapon itself, it cannot be classified amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantis View Post
    Dude, either you need to learn how to use bold, or stop yelling at me. I didn't mean to appear to reprimand your OP, just mention additional weapons that should have mention. And while we don't know a lot about the ancient weapon, its called that for a reason and may very well be ancient.
    Was too lazy to bold - and have been in a bad mood all day. But you should know that it doesn't fall under what would be ancient. It's origin is known, it's use is known. It was originally intended to knock down the female warrior statue for the 15 attribute quest. Made and used by the Elonians who came with Turai 200 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    Due to that fact, it cannot be classified as one of the ancient weapons. It seems to me that the characteristics Konig specifies for them are to their effects and the range of these effects. Without knowing both of these characteristics of the Ancient Weapon itself, it cannot be classified amongst them.
    Really the charactersistics I list ancient weapons are: 1. Used as a weapon. 2. Very old (200 years I don't consider to be "very" old).

Now then, since you edited or post after I posted:

I looked through the entire thread and didnt see mention of these so I'll mention them here
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lost_Scrolls
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ancient_Weapon
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tome_of_the_Rubicon (Would this one count? It did turn the entire dwarfish army into stone warriors)
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stormcaller (mentioned but slightly ignored)
    Mentioned first three and last one already. Bloodstones are not a weapon, although powerful and ancient, they just regulat magic in the world.

Spear of Archemorus and Urn of Saint Viktor are more of relics then weapons. Wizard's Tower and Atrocity Library would have knowledge and magic that could be turned into a powerful weapon, but isn't a weapon. Balthazate Crystal seems to be more of a material - i.e., natural and therefore not so much a weapon, but can be made into one. Think Magnesium.

Dzalana seems to be, imo, the homeland of the Harpies (they come from the east according to a NPC, can't recall who). Doubtful to be any weapons over there.

Might want to look at my Arachnia thread ;) Lords of Anguish are just more powerful demons that act as generals for Mallyx (were under Dhuum's/Abaddon's/Menzies orders prior). Each have their own backgrounds.

So, in overview. Sorry I was sounding rude before. Didn't intend to and haven't been in the best of moods. Usually I can hide any irregularities in my behavior and seem normal. Also, your new links are going waaaay off topic. Arachnia, lands, bloodstones, rocks. Not weapons.

I was just kinda mentioning related topics in the Old Mysterious objects/places of possible mass destruction direction, and insire thought. Didn't mean to derail the thread, sorry :) I saw that Arachnia thread, it was the first I had ever heard of her/him/it. It awed me and made me think how much more lore there could be. There are lots of places that we can't explore. Anyways as it turns out I had never heard of these twin swords either. Interesting stuff here.

I was just kinda mentioning related topics in the Old Mysterious objects/places of possible mass destruction direction, and insire thought. Didn't mean to derail the thread, sorry :)
    That's ok. But that kind of belongs in the Lore Lounge *unless there is a topic on that, such as Arachnia*.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantis
    Anyways as it turns out I had never heard of these twin swords either.
    They come from the Movement of the World and Ecology of the Charr articles (can find them on the GW2 Wiki).

You could just say that there are two types of Ancient Weapons - the Lesser Ancient Weapons that are borderline/unknown (The Luxon/Kurzick weapons, Stormcaller and the "Not so Ancient" Weapon). And the Greater ones which are presumed to have come from forces such as the gods and ancient dragons (for example the two Scepters and the Cauldron).

This thread is dealing with the Greater kind that have come from sources beyond the races of Tyria.

Updated the OP with more information.

Spear of Archemorus ad Urn of Saint Viktor aint technically Anciet cause 200 years aint ancient, old yes but not ancient

Which is why hes placed it under the heading of "Old and Powerful Weapons"....