PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fort Aspenwood

GWOnline.Net Member

Fort Aspenwood

While I have fun in Fort Aspenwood now that there are actually some decent players there, the format is incredibly, incredibly imbalanced.

This goes beyond reducing the timer by five minutes; previously, it was still incredibly easy to hold off the red side indefinitely. One ranger with interrupts can easily shut down the majority of their offense (Seige Turtles), and one monk can easily protect the majority of their damage. Granted, this is an oversimplified situation and has many variables, but the general idea is still there.

To be fair, this battle type promotes this turtling style of play, however, so it's not just something that can be "fixed" with a simple timer reduction/increase.

I'm wondering if anyone has any similar thoughts on this arena, now that people are actually seemingly interested in it now.

Yep. Aspenwood was pretty easy to win before the update. Arenanet made it almost impossible to lose, and then upped the rewards. It's like the new FFF.

The only reason I can be annoyed about this is that it's more fun to destroy stuff than to defend it, but easy kurzick faction is like giving away free candy.

Seriously, the whole thing needs a rework from the bottom up.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Taking 200+ damage from rend on every npc you get near in FA is just plain ridiculous.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    Real men play Jade Quarry.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vana View Post
    Real men play Jade Quarry.
    I'd love to, but I never see anyone there.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    Have you been there since the update?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Jade Quarry is pretty balanced. It would have been nice to have equal objectives for both red and blue side. Not only would that make it more evenly matched, but it would also make it more strategic instead of lolturtle-ing for the blue side. You'd have to make runs for amber, protect your NPCs, and send out gank squads.

...of course, considering some of the players that I've seen there, this might be waaaaay above most people's heads...

One thing I thought of might be making Seige Turtle attack EDIT: UN interruptible/UN disable-able. As long as there's a good ranger on my side, I don't need to worry about the turtle's siege attack, since it almost never goes through. This might help balance out the sides, but as it is now, it's kind of ridiculous to even try to win on the red side.
    Last edited by Sorale; 16-11-2008 at 23:13.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Whats really annoying is that 2 mo/p's with make haste means instawins.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    I've played Jade Quarry for the first time now, and what I saw is that it's alot harder than fort aspenwood. Much more NPC's, and the players are also used to playing JQ.

Fort Aspenwood and Nov. 13th update

Hmm...anyone tried it here? I met warriors with word of healing, elementalist with word of healing, bonders, rits with xinrae's even found a sin with shield of regen. And of course all of these joining from Kurzick side.

Wonder why was the change made to completely off-balance this mission?

If this was discussed elsewhere already, please delete or merge this. And sorry for duplication.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.