PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    lol its like talking to a brick wall. There is ZERO advantages to "killing". Why do you think its soo easy to beat mobs? Because you are capping around them and the time it take to kill players is more than the time it takes to cap multiple shrines.

I dont get why second grade math is so difficult for some people. It takes longer to kill players than it does to cap. Its that simple.

You should try talking to me.

Tell me, what's wrong in shawn's picture? Or can't you understand it?
    It CLEARLY shows how killing gives an advantage.

And no, we aren't talking about mobs here.

I can understand your point though. Draw me in flame war and get this topic closed. Good try!

Quote Originally Posted by Wethospu View Post
    You should try talking to me.
    Tell me, what's wrong in shawn's picture? Or can't you understand it?
    It CLEARLY shows how killing gives an advantage.
    And no, we aren't talking about mobs here.
    I can understand your point though. Draw me in flame war and get this topic closed. Good try!
    Its only clear to the individuals who agree with him. Its a joke to the people who see the flaw, which is big. I will say it again, killing players takes longer than capping. The only thing this tactic does is kills players who have already capped a shrine. So you chase them down, kill them, run to cap a shrine. Then rinse and repeat. You spend most of the time chasing and killing rather than gaining points.

Another issue: you run across a few tanks. Within the few seconds it takes you to realize you are wasting your time, you could have been capping shrines. All of these seconds matter.

Now the only thing that makes sense is to stay at a shrine when you see opponents running up to cap it. Now that makes sense but technically, that is a capping tactic. Purposely not hunting down players or mobbing is capping by my own definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mog Wai View Post
    I dont get why second grade math is so difficult for some people. It takes longer to kill players than it does to cap. Its that simple.
    In general I score the most points capping and killing off everyone worse than me on route. I normally get about 1 kill for every cap without much of a slow down (these kills take <=10 seconds).
    Most people consider this a lot and would probably qualify it as a killing strategy as I kill more people than I run past. I'm fairly sure however I score more points than if I just capped.
    In general, kill when you've got a good chance of getting the kill. The +3 points and defensive value of one enemy down is worth the small downtime. The better you are, the more chances you have to kill, so the more killing you should do.

It's a really simple principle. Anyone who disagrees please shoutout with a little bit of luck I'll check again and even explain it further.

So in shawn's picture you would pick the one which doesn't accomplish anything?

"In general, kill when you've got a good chance of getting the kill."
    Despite shawn's leet pain skillz I find it somewhat hard to judge whether the blue pixels are better than the red pixels. Presuming I'm better, I'd bash their heads in. Presuming I'm not, I wouldn't. Better to live and let live than to kill and fail.

(The paintjobs are bad by the way. Not even ryuu's depicts a match accurately.)

Because Shawn's pictures are oversimplified scenarios. While they are very good pictures(nice paint job), that's about it. You can't count on a skirmish to be so simple. You know you are gonna win? What about when you face a larger group, your 4 squad against and 5,6,7,8 or 12 mob. What if when taking down that 4 squad you lose one of you squad? To many variables to think those diagrams are the way its gonna happen every time.

So for me:
    • Primary goal cap, cap, cap.
    • Fight when I have advantage
    • Avoid when I don't.
    • cap cap cap

How bout this for a scenario. Say we have 12 experienced players on both sides. Where skill and builds cancel each other out. Each kills each other the same. The last remaining variable is points from shrines. That is what wins in AB.
    "Victory begins in the mind"
    -Empty Skull, Proud Leader of KaoS League

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Perhaps a better question is "which in Shawn's picture accomplishes nothing?"

To which I'd reply, Shawn's picture.

It convinces those who are already convinced, while not convincing anyone who's not already convinced. Hence it accomplishes nothing.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Actually, that's a real situation.
    It happens at the beginning of several maps.
    Both squads cap their shrines. And either pass or fight.
    The picture isn't showing that you always win. It's showing that killing achieves something.

Surely they are simplified (every match is different by the way) but if you choose bad tactic in simplified situation, how can you choose a right tactic in real situation when it's a lot more complex?

So your primary goal is cap. Why would you choose killing over capping then? I would say that your primaly goal is killing when you have an advantage. It is the one which overrides the other after all. Or is capping primary goal and killing when advantage the most primary goal?

Quote Originally Posted by EmptySkull View Post
    Because Shawn's pictures are oversimplified scenarios. While they are very good pictures(nice paint job), that's about it. You can't count on a skirmish to be so simple. You know you are gonna win? What about when you face a larger group, your 4 squad against and 5,6,7,8 or 12 mob. What if when taking down that 4 squad you lose one of you squad? To many variables to think those diagrams are the way its gonna happen every time.
    So for me:
    • Primary goal cap, cap, cap.
    • Fight when I have advantage
    • Avoid when I don't.
    • cap cap cap

How bout this for a scenario. Say we have 12 experienced players on both sides. Where skill and builds cancel each other out. Each kills each other the same. The last remaining variable is points from shrines. That is what wins in AB.
    Holy ****, now this person knows what he is talking about. Great example on what happens when your team dies. If you cant cap by yourself, you are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Perhaps a better question is "which in Shawn's picture accomplishes nothing?"
    To which I'd reply, Shawn's picture.
    It convinces those who are already convinced, while not convincing anyone who's not already convinced. Hence it accomplishes nothing.
    exactly!