PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you make your team?

Just curious what kind of requirements other people have.

This is simple algorithm how I choose my team:
    1. Look for something (Monk, melee, fire ele or something else)
    2. Invite ones who look enough good
    3. Ask them to ping their build
    4. If they refuse -> Kick
    5. Ask to change things which are horribly wrong (Resurrect Signet, Dolyak Signet, etc)
    6. If they refuse -> Kick

This is what I try to look:
    - Monk
    - melee (pref. Warrior because I play Warrior in AB)
    - fire-elementalist
    - midline (Ranger, Mesmer, something)

I don't care about titles. People with decent professions look enough good.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I try to fill in roles, rather than go by professions. Roles will vary a bit depending on situation.

1. ask for given roles (nuker, heal, etc)
    2. pick any profession that can do that role
    3. ask them to ping
    4. if they refuse, ask why
    5. if they need specific skills and they refuse to ping, kick, otherwise go with it
    6. give advice on how to improve their build / coordinate with other builds in the team
    7. in very difficult areas, kick if they won't ping or can't adjust
    8. kick people with bad attitudes, including those who could be good but call other noobs

This is entertainment. I'd rather go with a sub-par team and have fun trying, than go with a good team that spoil the mood with bad manners.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Bring-a-friend or tab+invite.
    Fomer when I'm seriously trying, the latter when I just want a quick fix.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Really don't care.
    I only play it with friends now as it got dull and mindnumbing about 10 months ago with PUG's.
    So it's not really a problem. I know builds will be decent and the players will outperform pretty much any random ab straggler.

But for the most fun and efficiency, it was probably running 2 warriors, a rit hybrid and a monk.

1) Try to find players that fill aspects of play that is needed in order to cover all situations.
    2) Ask them to ping, if they refuse - kick.
    3) If they argue with me when I ask for a required skill - kick.
    4) If their build is horribly terrible (W/E firestorm for example) - kick

It's a long process but usually pays off in the end, usually running 4-5 games or more with a group of players that have the "F-yeah!" attitude because we are just dominating.

I only play with friends, guildies and allies, so no problems there.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Bring-a-friend or tab+invite.
    Fomer when I'm seriously trying, the latter when I just want a quick fix.
    This. .

Run 4 rangers. Trap the teleport point. Laugh as people teleport to it and explode.

Or if I'm actually being halfway serious, a warrior, a fire ele for shrine clearing, a monk that doesn't suck, and a cripshot/illu mes/water ele/somekindofthingthatsuppotsandsnaresatthesametime

*me steals Alaris post and changes it accordingly to what me does.

I try to fill in roles, rather than go by professions. Roles will vary a bit depending on situation.

1. ask for given roles ( shrine clearer, some person to kill the enemies who try to stop us from capping, some sort of healer/prot/rit, and a good interrupter, if available, maybe the Int can also do snares)
    2. pick any profession that can do that role
    3. ask them to ping
    3.a. remind them they should bring some self heal if we dont have a healer, and they should bring some sort of speed boost
    4. if they refuse, ask why, and tell them that I won't kick them as long as they give a decent reason
    5. ask them if they are willing to change their skills to better fit our team, if it's the 4th person.
    6. give advice on how to improve their build such as those Dervishes that have no dervish skills, but only Death Magic skills, lots of minnions, no heals, no speed boost, no self heal, no enchantments on their build that would justify them using Dervish as a Primary, or those Eles who have a fire sword, Meteor Shower, and Frenzy.Usually that just ends up in me kicking them though >_< since they can't run anything else
    8. kick people with bad attitudes, including those who could be good but call other noobs, and those who say GOGOGOOGOGOGO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
    Trap the teleport point. Laugh as people teleport to it and explode.
    Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Ok, I only bring one trapper, myself, so the other 3 can cap. :P It's really really fun trapping Ancestral lands and kaanai canyon. Cripple, bleeding, etc work nicely on the teleport points, and under bridges on both ends.
    Last edited by lifestream; 06-12-2008 at 02:06.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I either search for high ranked people (or atleast r4<). If not succes full i'll be watching out for sin's, ele's, ranger's and monk's. If I am not playing as monk myself.