PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling

My space bar isn't broken or re-assigned. If I use my space bar, I would attack normally. Only with ctrl button, it get's weird and doesnt do anything. I tried the double click thingy on options, no difference. So Skyy High is right, the problem is them interacting together. But I have already reset my controls to default, still no calling.. How can I check if its my keyboard fault or something set wrong with Guild Wars?

I'm not too sure if this has anything to do with Guild Wars. Try checking your Windows Language settings (Language Bar) and see if there is a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Space) that allows you to change to an alternate language. If there is, remove it and try Guild Wars again.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Sorry for sounding a little silly here, but your Ctrl key does work, right?

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    I've only had similar problems when a program has hotkeys. For some reason every time I upgrade my video card drivers, it re-enables the hotkey polling, so random key sequences from the game are sent to the the graphics card program instead, very annoying.

My Ctrl key works normally, just not in combination with space bar.
    I have no programs for hotkeys, but I have added a pen tablet just a while ago. Would that have any effect?
    Shall I submit a support ticket?

Just checked, the shortcut for switching language is left alt + shift. Also checked all the other shortcuts and Ctrl + space bar isn't there. So, the problem isn't there.
    Last edited by ckwok; 28-01-2009 at 12:55.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by ckwok View Post
    but I have added a pen tablet just a while ago. Would that have any effect?
    Hmm, for now, I would go check if the tablet has any shortcut that involves Ctrl+Space. Just in case.

Nope, the pen tablet doesnt have that shortcut.
    If I use Ctrl + Alt + space bar, it works. But Ctrl + space bar doesn't.. It's a real mystery.
    I could try re´nstall Guild Wars, but that would be too much effort.
    Too bad that nobody knows, but thanks alot anyway.
    I guess it's a thing I can live with (using Ctrl + double click now), so this can be closed.

I have actually experienced this a few times recently. I thought it was because I simply wasn't hitting down the button hard enough, or that perhaps after so much calling, my buttons are getting a bit sticky. For me it's sporadic, so that's why I assume it's a stuck key on occassion. I've had a pen tablet for a few years now, and that's never had any effect. So unless alot of other people suddenly report this problem, I'd leave it to the fact it's either occassionally glitchy, or maybe your keys get stuck on occassion. Is there a way you can try a different keyboard, just to test?

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jade View Post
    I have actually experienced this a few times recently. I thought it was because I simply wasn't hitting down the button hard enough, or that perhaps after so much calling, my buttons are getting a bit sticky. For me it's sporadic, so that's why I assume it's a stuck key on occassion. I've had a pen tablet for a few years now, and that's never had any effect. So unless alot of other people suddenly report this problem, I'd leave it to the fact it's either occassionally glitchy, or maybe your keys get stuck on occassion. Is there a way you can try a different keyboard, just to test?
    I know it isn't what you meant, but I wonder if "stickykeys" the accessibility function in windows could be causing the problem. Go into your control panel and make sure all those pesky accessibility functions are disabled.

That could not be the problem, because I can call my hexes and enchantments just fine (Ctrl + click on hex, condition, ...).
    I can also call out the skills I use (Ctrl + 1 - 8), but when it comes to Ctrl + space bar, it does nothing (no calling, no attacking, not even stopping when autorunning).
    And the strange thing is, it works fine when I do Ctrl + Alt + space bar. Then I call out the action (attacking enemy or using a chest).