PC Gaming News
Page 801 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 301701751791797798799800801802803804805811851901 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,010 of 10002
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Only now? Except that we still have one.... Never mind.
    yep. We (or rather I) am very picky. I only saw the TV I wanted about a year ago and it wasn't out then. And the monitor, I hadn't seen one that gave me the quality of my CRT... (colour wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Domethilde Du Lac View Post
    We still have one CRT, but it is 1080i and perfect for watching TV in bed. Sanyo with excellent color. 32".
    We still have one too. But that one will be replaced as well, it's a 50cm 4:3 TV. It's standing in the kitchen now. We want a 26" or 27" flatpanel there, so we can hang it on the wall. That tv was originally in the bedroom, but when we had finished the new one, it didn't fit in it (as the tv space was custom made to fit a 32" LCD ) It was actually the first LCD tv we had in the house...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Still using an old tube TV that's starting to have visual noise in it... When it dies, I have a backup.

I'm NOT planning to get a flat screen unless I come across a good deal, and even then it's low on my priority list.

Movies generally don't need HD. PS2 and Wii definitely don't. I'd want more pixels on my PC though.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    We mostly bought the flatpanel TV because the big CRT was simply not fitting in anymore. In our previous house, it would fit in so perfectly, you hardly saw it. I doubt we'd have bought a flatpanel there. Our current livingroom, even though it's much larger than the previous one, simply doesn't have the space.... A flatpanel is less intrusive.

And the extra pixels on the monitor is great.
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Put it this way... I wouldn't pay extra for extra pixels on a TV (although I would for computer screens), but I do appreciate that they improve the image quality.

The thing is that much like video game graphics, the image quality has imo exceeded the need for said quality, and it has become an incentive for needless spending and consuming.

And as I try to avoid consumerism, HDTV is just not appealing to me.

----

That being said, if you needed the space anyway, might as well get a decent upgrade that'll last for a long time.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I support consumerism. "1080rp? 1080 really progressive? Wow, I'll buy it!"

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    There's new r's with our p's now?!? Do want!

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Oh, yes, and I've read that just around the corner to replace 1080rp is 1080sp - 1080 super progressive. I'll buy that, too.

i need more tv's like i need a hole in the head.... we have 8 in the house now... what a joy

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Wow, I have 5. You must have a lot of rooms, or else you have one in the bathroom, the laundry room, etc.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    How about a lot of daughters... Who probably all have their own tv.

We have 3 now. One in the livingroom, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen