PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    sorudo's Avatar
    Server

    far shiverpeak
    Guild

    the legendary alterans
    Posts

    9,551

    X360 kind of titles/achievements

    i was thinking, the titles are a known annoyance for casual gamers like me, especially since they require endless grind for just 1 rank.
    but what about the kind of achievements you have in the xbox360, like dressing totally black and you get the goth achievement.
    or what about an achievement where you need to have the FoW armor to get it, and (maybe) can be in GW1 for a tryout.

    i want this rather then titles simply because it just doesn't require grind, it requires you to do something, whenever it's expensive or easy.
    there is a big advantage in this, it's casual friendly.
    there are tons of things you can think of, maybe something like "the collector" where you buy all four the tyrian 15k armors at full set.

    i don't only want to hear what you think about it, but also some ideas what could be used, just to help Anet.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i was thinking, the titles are a known annoyance for casual gamers like me, especially since they require endless grind for just 1 rank.
    but what about the kind of achievements you have in the xbox360, like dressing totally black and you get the goth achievement.
    or what about an achievement where you need to have the FoW armor to get it, and (maybe) can be in GW1 for a tryout.

    i want this rather then titles simply because it just doesn't require grind, it requires you to do something, whenever it's expensive or easy.
    there is a big advantage in this, it's casual friendly.
    there are tons of things you can think of, maybe something like "the collector" where you buy all four the tyrian 15k armors at full set.

    i don't only want to hear what you think about it, but also some ideas what could be used, just to help Anet.
    QQ WoW Clone QQ
    WoW has that so NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    QQ QQ QQ

  3. #3
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Posts

    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tro View Post
    QQ WoW Clone QQ
    WoW has that so NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    QQ QQ QQ
    You seem to be a bit obsessed with WoW...
    What's QQ? I don't care if GW2 "steals" some ideas from WoW and other online games, in fact it would be stupid not to do that. It's not like most of those ideas were first introduced in WoW... Just make GW2 original enough so that it's not just another clone, it's about time there were some fresh ideas in the genre.

    Anyway, back to the topic...
    I think that all titles should either have something to do with the actual gameplay, or they should be something like what you suggested. Just think about the Cartographer title in GW for example... I wonder if anyone finds that fun? I don't think so. I don't mind the Lightbringer or Sunspear rank titles though, they're still quite easy to get and you get to kill enemies at the same time, which is what the game is all about! If you vanquish some of the Sunspear/Lightbringer areas, you'll get those two titles maxed at the same time, so they're just a fun bonus.

  4. #4
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    sorudo's Avatar
    Server

    far shiverpeak
    Guild

    the legendary alterans
    Posts

    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Tro View Post
    QQ WoW Clone QQ
    WoW has that so NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    QQ QQ QQ
    spam spam report spam spam!!!!!!!!!!!

    .......don't you have something els to do then spamming?

  5. #5
    Achievement Unlocked: Sweet Vengeance
    (Beat the Lich and Shiro in Gates of Madness with Candy Cane Weapons)

    Ehh...no...I don't think that'll work out well...

  6. #6
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Posts

    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Achievement Unlocked: Sweet Vengeance
    (Beat the Lich and Shiro in Gates of Madness with Candy Cane Weapons)

    Ehh...no...I don't think that'll work out well...
    Hahah I like that actually

  7. #7
    GWOnline.Net Member Skyy High's Avatar
    Posts

    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i was thinking, the titles are a known annoyance for casual gamers like me, especially since they require endless grind for just 1 rank.
    ...
    or what about an achievement where you need to have the FoW armor to get it, and (maybe) can be in GW1 for a tryout.

    there are tons of things you can think of, maybe something like "the collector" where you buy all four the tyrian 15k armors at full set.
    Protector, cartographer, skill hunter, etc are "endless grind", but collecting 4 elite armors, or FoW, is "casual friendly"?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartomancer View Post
    --
    I wonder if anyone finds that fun? I don't think so.
    --
    I do. I did it all without 100% maps.
    Good time!

    I think there should titles and achievements.
    Achievements would be maxable GW1 titles (like carto or skill hunter) and also some kind of funny stuff (Win with candy cane and whatever).
    Titles would be pure grind stuff (like PvP titles and so on).

  9. #9
    I think they should just blatantly rip off wow tbh. Sure there;s a lot of things people don't like, but there's -a lot- they did perfect, I believe the achievment/title system is one of them.

    Achievements are todays gw titles, but expanded. A lot. My Achievements

    Titles are unique, obtained for doing something specific and are attached to your name (Elder Dazra, Dazra The Love Freak, Dazra The Explorer, etc) For instance, Exploring 100% of the games areas, defeating A really hard boss fight (Sarth with 3 drakes), doing a bunch of achievements (Champion of the Frozen wastes) etc.

    Just steal it, nothing wrong taking it and GW-ing it.

  10. #10
    GWOnline.Net Member Varnis's Avatar
    Posts

    46
    I think they should add these tittles. Mainly for the casual gamers and the people who don't have time to actually grind for their tittles.

    Like you fall so many feet, and you get a tittle for falling so many feet, or killing 500+ monsters in so many minutes. They would be fun tittles, that people don't have to grind for.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off