PC Gaming News
Page 87 of 324 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
    Heh, quite nice I think - I haven't burned those Ascalon charr for years.

Good fast place to farm?

I thought maybe the Nolani mission and pull the lever. I can solo that with my ranger but only got one hide after 12 runs.

I'm actually thinking better in pre-searing and run them into post?

Typical. I just chain Vanquished Diessa, Flame Temple and Dragon's. I have a piile of them laying around that I didn't even bother picking up due to storage issues...even after a merchant summoned or two...

If you can get up to the flame temple that is your best farming. any decent build should do it no problem. My ranger was farming there for carvings over christmas.

1 seems a bit low for this weeks compaired to other trophies. These are a pretty common drop, and any higher lvl char can solo Diessa and Flame temple for them quite easily. Guess they are reacting to the Traveling Farmers Market.
    Last edited by GrimShade; 13-07-2009 at 19:47.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    My usual stuff: Myst Tonics, colored candy... but 3 disco balls, that get me a little bit closer to the party title.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Woo hoo! I actually cleaned out the inventory of my little lowbie warrior last week when she finally made it to LA. I left the stack of charr hides alone because I was too lazy to port to ascalon to redeem them for fur squares. Who says laziness doesn't pay!
    ~Bella Sera~
    PAL it up!
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frons View Post
    Good fast place to farm?

I thought maybe the Nolani mission and pull the lever. I can solo that with my ranger but only got one hide after 12 runs.

I'm actually thinking better in pre-searing and run them into post?
    Try the Fort Ranik mission. I farm Charr carvings there around the holidays, and usually get about a dozen or so hides per run. Just make sure you kill the mobs at the end personally, not with the trebuchet.
    Last edited by Feannag; 13-07-2009 at 20:40.

I know I've run the Great wall mission, at the end where you run, I take my Ele out there with a PBAoE build and block the door. mass nuke. Always gets hides there, but this item is so easy...

I might have 5 spread out on a few characters too.

Had 31 of them in storage, so did not really need to farm them. However, out of curiosity, I took my warrior out to solo farm the area outside Piken Square: 19 carvings versus 8 hides. From the number of charr killed, the drop rate of hides seemed low, though obviously easy to farm. My monk in the storage account did the 2 z-quests ( had them for some time ) Surmia and Nolani earlier, got 7 hides but that was a full team.
    Last edited by Oliver; 13-07-2009 at 21:08.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Took me a whole of 7 minutes to get 5 hides...this was in The Breach, so I managed to get my pressies on the same run!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Usual mysterious tonics/stones, ale and for once some disco balls.
    Did last weeks yesterday, which gave me an Ascalon Razor besides the usual.