PC Gaming News
Page 313 of 324 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3236
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    quick question, is the skull in old ascalon the same as the one beyond the wall?
    Yes. Best place to farm them would be outside of Nolani, head to the place where you find one of the monuments for that -50 health cesta quest. That's really just along the road if you came from Nolani.

There are of course gargoyles just about everywhere in the Ascalon area, but there at that spot are several dozens in one spot.

Shenzun Tunnels, 3 Vials of Ink per Gift.

Artisans will craft one Vial of Ink for 4 Plant Fibers, 1 Tempered Glass Vial and 20 gold, Tempered Glass Vials being 5 Dust and 20g, so

60 Plant Fibers, 75 Dust and 600g to have it all crafted, or try your luck with Stolen Goods.

EDIT: HIGHLY recommended NOT to get them on a char that completed WoC. Too many buffed Am Fah on the route to him, unless you go from Sunjiang, then it's the crap ones.

Useless stuff as usual, 15 Summoning Stones, 10 Tonics. Very meh, but I had enough Ink stored to not care.
    Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 18:22.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i...rather keep my ink thank you, i bet they are worth allot more then some useless sweets.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Actually, no. Sell the gifts and you'll get a bit over 1.5k per Vial of Ink (Gifts at 4.5-5k each).

It's pretty much never better to keep your materials instead of trading them to Nick, unless he asks for Ruby/Saph/Ecto/Shards.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i need ink for armor, they are not the "let's buy a bunch" kind of material.

sorudo.9054

Welcome to another exciting edition of .... MATH!
    With guest tutor BASIC ECONOMICS!

Just checked the prices,
    Dust = 30g pp
    Tempered Glass Vial = 290 each
    Fibers = 75g pp
    Ink = 500g each

These are peak prices because NICHOLAS!

Given these numbers, we can calculate that:

- Buying 15 Vials of Ink for 500g each will cost you 7350k
    - Crafting using bought Glass will cost you 9150 gold
    - Crafting the Vials from crafted Glass vials will cost you 7.5k

Possible profit from selling Nick's gifts: 5k each

Opportunity/profit analysis:
    - Buying 15 Vials, trading them for gifts and selling them can net a max profit of 17.650 gold
    - Crafting the Vials using bought Glass can net a max profit of 15.850 gold
    - Crafting Vials from crafted glass vials will also yield you a max profit of 17.5k

The following factors affect these calculations:
    - Variations on prices: depending on these, the maximum obtainable profit may rise or drop depending on price drops/rises respectively.
    - The availability of the materials to the person. This will increase the maximum obtainable profit. Too many variables to determine.
    - The availability of the Vials on the person: This will furthermore increase the maximum obtainable profit. 15 Vials would sell for 400g to the trader at the moment. This means trading them in for Gifts would yield a profit of 19k when they're sold. Not trading them in equals a 19k opportunity loss.

Recommended action:
    [ ] Do nothing
    [ ] Do not trade in Vials for Gifts
    [x] Trade in Vials for Gifts, preferably by crafting both Vials and Glass or by buying Vials
    [ ] Buff Vampiric Gaze

Argumentation:
    - Never minding the situation you are in, there is quite a bit of profit to be had by trading in the Vials for Gifts. Not only are they very easy to obtain in very little time, the potential profit is quite high either which way you need to obtain them.
    - Those hoarding Vials for other purposes may want to consider still trading in the Vials for Gifts. The obtainable profit from the Gifts should cover the cost of having to remake the Vials later on, especially since prices are currently at a peak and are expected to drop once the material is no longer in high demand.
    Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 20:55.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    you missed something:
    amount of gold from a casual player: 1k/h
    does your math work now?
    not a chance....sigh

sorudo.9054

Come on, you should at least have 10k lying around. And if you don't, 1k per hour means you can have enough in 7,5 hours. It's an investment, you get more money than you put in, which should be especially interesting if you're going for an armour.

And yes, the math still works. You can't really make it not work anymore...
    Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 22:21.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Well I dunno, but how can you not have Plant Fibers and Glittering Dust already laying around in storage? The actual investment for this week is very very low...

I have plenty of fiber stacks as well as dust stacks...and NO ink (used it all for yes, armor)...spending money to get a few nic gifts is not as profitable as my previous weeks where I HAD the items already on a mule thus my cost then 0!
    so this week---PASS!
    (spending time selling nic gifts is not worth it--I have much better things to do with my gw time).