There are of course gargoyles just about everywhere in the Ascalon area, but there at that spot are several dozens in one spot.
PC Gaming News
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3236
Thread: Where's Nicholas?
27-07-2011, 12:03 #3121
01-08-2011, 18:08 #3122
Shenzun Tunnels, 3 Vials of Ink per Gift.
Artisans will craft one Vial of Ink for 4 Plant Fibers, 1 Tempered Glass Vial and 20 gold, Tempered Glass Vials being 5 Dust and 20g, so
60 Plant Fibers, 75 Dust and 600g to have it all crafted, or try your luck with Stolen Goods.
EDIT: HIGHLY recommended NOT to get them on a char that completed WoC. Too many buffed Am Fah on the route to him, unless you go from Sunjiang, then it's the crap ones.
Useless stuff as usual, 15 Summoning Stones, 10 Tonics. Very meh, but I had enough Ink stored to not care.
Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 18:22.
01-08-2011, 19:04 #3123
01-08-2011, 19:34 #3124
Actually, no. Sell the gifts and you'll get a bit over 1.5k per Vial of Ink (Gifts at 4.5-5k each).
It's pretty much never better to keep your materials instead of trading them to Nick, unless he asks for Ruby/Saph/Ecto/Shards.
01-08-2011, 20:23 #3125
01-08-2011, 20:49 #3126
Welcome to another exciting edition of .... MATH!
With guest tutor BASIC ECONOMICS!
Just checked the prices,
Dust = 30g pp
Tempered Glass Vial = 290 each
Fibers = 75g pp
Ink = 500g each
These are peak prices because NICHOLAS!
Given these numbers, we can calculate that:
- Buying 15 Vials of Ink for 500g each will cost you 7350k
- Crafting using bought Glass will cost you 9150 gold
- Crafting the Vials from crafted Glass vials will cost you 7.5k
Possible profit from selling Nick's gifts: 5k each
- Buying 15 Vials, trading them for gifts and selling them can net a max profit of 17.650 gold
- Crafting the Vials using bought Glass can net a max profit of 15.850 gold
- Crafting Vials from crafted glass vials will also yield you a max profit of 17.5k
The following factors affect these calculations:
- Variations on prices: depending on these, the maximum obtainable profit may rise or drop depending on price drops/rises respectively.
- The availability of the materials to the person. This will increase the maximum obtainable profit. Too many variables to determine.
- The availability of the Vials on the person: This will furthermore increase the maximum obtainable profit. 15 Vials would sell for 400g to the trader at the moment. This means trading them in for Gifts would yield a profit of 19k when they're sold. Not trading them in equals a 19k opportunity loss.
[ ] Do nothing
[ ] Do not trade in Vials for Gifts
[x] Trade in Vials for Gifts, preferably by crafting both Vials and Glass or by buying Vials
[ ] Buff Vampiric Gaze
- Never minding the situation you are in, there is quite a bit of profit to be had by trading in the Vials for Gifts. Not only are they very easy to obtain in very little time, the potential profit is quite high either which way you need to obtain them.
- Those hoarding Vials for other purposes may want to consider still trading in the Vials for Gifts. The obtainable profit from the Gifts should cover the cost of having to remake the Vials later on, especially since prices are currently at a peak and are expected to drop once the material is no longer in high demand.
Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 20:55.
01-08-2011, 21:43 #3127
01-08-2011, 22:09 #3128
Come on, you should at least have 10k lying around. And if you don't, 1k per hour means you can have enough in 7,5 hours. It's an investment, you get more money than you put in, which should be especially interesting if you're going for an armour.
And yes, the math still works. You can't really make it not work anymore...
Last edited by Sir Jack; 01-08-2011 at 22:21.
01-08-2011, 22:11 #3129
Well I dunno, but how can you not have Plant Fibers and Glittering Dust already laying around in storage? The actual investment for this week is very very low...
01-08-2011, 23:54 #3130
I have plenty of fiber stacks as well as dust stacks...and NO ink (used it all for yes, armor)...spending money to get a few nic gifts is not as profitable as my previous weeks where I HAD the items already on a mule thus my cost then 0!
so this week---PASS!
(spending time selling nic gifts is not worth it--I have much better things to do with my gw time).