PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Skills

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Dark fury isn't completely useless.
    It fits well in physical heavy builds on either a dervish or regular necro orders ***** together with OOP/OOV.

Jaundiced gaze used to be stupidly powerful before, now it's useless, better this way.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    I would add the following skills.

[Blood Bond] - This skill was supposed heal? If you thought [Healing Breeze] was horrible let me introduce worst than horrible. The healing effect is so weak that it is just a waste of skill slot.

[Ravenous Gaze] - Great. An not-too-cheap elite spell that relies on yourself dying. Are you going to tell your monk to never heal you? Sure you can but then suddenly you are dazed and then bang you are dead. gg. Since Anet recently fixed [Word of Healing] I hope they take a look at this spell too.

[Well of Blood] and [Well of Power] - Good on paper but prevents your allies from kiting. And in PvP I prefer kiting over an extra 6 pipe of health regen. And do you really want to take corpse away from your mm?

[Grenth's Balance] - Only certain foolish suicidal mobs use this, and for good reasons. By the time your health drop to such a level that it deals significant damage the enemy team can afford it and you will die in the next few seconds. Sure might be useful against bosses but why don't I just bring [Spoil Victor] instead?
    Last edited by CHIPS; 27-06-2009 at 16:28.

Nice. clean and too the point.

i have started to dislike the "conditional" skills

only works if target is knocked down or bleeding or xxxxxx condion is present. if you can not make the first happen then the second is a wasted skill

also [[awe] is a skill i have no room on the bar for ... poor little paragon.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Awe is one of those skills that can be powerfull if you have a companion to synergise with you.

A [[Backbreaker] warrior for example, makes a perfect partner for a [[Awe] Paragon. Considering the cost and recharge of Awe, it makes it one of the cheapest and spammable Daze skills in the game.

Of course, it requires quite a lot of coordination and that's why usually it's not worth all the trouble just to inflict Daze when you could have had a BHA Ranger with you.

and that is why AWE is not on my little paragons bar...
    s

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Awe is one of those skills that can be powerfull if you have a companion to synergise with you.

A [[Backbreaker] warrior for example, makes a perfect partner for a [[Awe] Paragon. Considering the cost and recharge of Awe, it makes it one of the cheapest and spammable Daze skills in the game.

Of course, it requires quite a lot of coordination and that's why usually it's not worth all the trouble just to inflict Daze when you could have had a BHA Ranger with you.
    I would take [Spear Swipe] over [Awe]. Longer skill recharge but 10 seconds is plenty of time.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 27-06-2009 at 16:42.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    I would take [Spear Swipe] over [Awe]. Longer skill recharge but 10 seconds is plenty of time.
    And the fact that you have to go into melee range is a disadvantage as well.

In fact, I wouldn't take any of them, since BHA is so darn simple to use.

I remember way back when Antidote Signet was useless... it's great now. And, all those 5 second (and 3 second) cast Binding Rituals were worthless in PvE untill recently. Hopefully the rest will get fixed too before GW2 comes out.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

I guess we can add [Chain Lightning] to the list. I haven't see this skill in PvP for years, literally. Long cast time so easily interrupted, long skill recharge so non-spammable, exhaustion and worst of all doesn't even hurt that much. Even for PvE there are many better AoE nukes available.

This skill probably have the coolest looking effect though. Might be worth bring for the "look what I can do!!!".
    Last edited by CHIPS; 09-07-2009 at 10:15.

Ok i will add a new one to the list [Amity] i can see no time that a monk would want to put this on the bar.

if you think you can find a use for this i would be curious about what that may be.