PC Gaming News

idea for Rt/P capper

had this idea rolling in my head for a while, and as my Rit isn't far enough to test it out, i'm asking for opinions on the premise here (nowhere near being able to get Incoming!).

Incoming! was Sogolon
    command 12
    channeling 11 +1+1
    restoration 6+1
    spawning power 2 (+1 if desired)

Skills
    [Vocal was Sogolon][Incoming!][Fall Back!][Bloodsong][Spirit Rift][Channeled strike][Spirit Burn][Splinter Weapon]

Armor
    Attr runes + Vigor (what you can afford) + attunement
    Survivor or Herald insignias (i'd go with Herald as you'll always be holding a bundle)

usage: Vocal at 7 rest will make the two shouts last 12 seconds each (maybe i did something wrong, but Incoming! isn't giving the updated functionality for me...), leaving < 1 sec down time between both, giving 33% IMS and +13 hp gain/sec while moving.
    Bloodsong, spirit rift, channeled strike, spirit burn when capping shrines, buff physical allies with splinter weapon (or add another damage dealing skill or heal. Splinter Weapon is an optional slot). Bloodsong is there just to give Spirit Burn its conditional effect, and can be swapped with another channeling binding ritual or skill of choice. (i chose it for its energy cost, as i think the build will be fairly energy heavy, especially during the spike).

i don't know if this would be able to solo cap shrines, but i think they would be a great ally to have on a capping team, boosting movement, healing, and contributing to a spike well with their damage skills... i also think it is more useful to a team than the resto builds i've seen incorporating VwS and two paragon shouts.

opinions?

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Pretty decent if you have a team of competent players to take full advantage of it.

Although, I'd rather use two characters with /p and fall back.

Also, you did the BBCode right, it's just not updated.

You lack any form of energy management as well, which means you will run out of energy sooner or later, maybe you could swap out spirit burn for essence strike.

I'd run a major channeling to reach the splinter breakpoint.
    Why not use Charge (and possibly Retreat) from the Tactics line though? Far easier to keep up and far cheaper too. It requires a dedicated team so that means there is healing present anyway and neither skill ends on attack giving everyone on your team a permanent 33% IMS.

Hadn't thought about going War instead... good point Akirai.

might revisit this once i get my Rit ready for PvP (he's just gotten rank 1 survivor and i'm waiting until the lag spikes go away to play him more).

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Using a pvp char is so much easier and takes a lot less time and effort to ready up.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    Using a pvp char is so much easier and takes a lot less time and effort to ready up.
    True. i just don't have a spare PvP slot. i have 11 char slots, one for each prof plus a perma pre to help out my sons who always make their chars in Prophecies... i can't justify paying for another slot when i have one of each profession already.

We're in a recession and video games remain one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in existence. Much cheaper than even going out to dinner.

There you go, all the justification you need ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    We're in a recession and video games remain one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in existence. Much cheaper than even going out to dinner.

There you go, all the justification you need ;P.
    If it was just me, i'd wholeheartedly agree with you. When my wife and 2 sons, who both play GW as well get thrown into the equation, the cost gets multiplied by 4, and it's unfair for me to get things when they don't...