PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fountains?

Reminds me awfully a lot of the fountain in Divinity Coast that you have to take a bath in to be able to transport that eye thingy.

Er, I meant that the concept was transported, i.e., they were built and moved or the blue prints were moved, or the builders themselves.

And I wasn't saying it wasn't impossible they were build there years prior to Nightfall, I was saying it had to be built prior to Nightfall as you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon
    after the events we partake in Cantha and Elona,
    which would mean that the architects went there during the events of Nightfall. :P

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    How do we know the influence wasn't the other way around? There are both fountains and lion statues in Bokka's palace. Perhaps it was an Elonian architect who was brought to Kryta to build LA, and he designed both the fountains and statues there according to Vabbian styles. After all, lions are native to Elona, not Kryta. It would seem strange to import a Krytan to build such things in Vabbi, but not so strange to import an Elonian to build such things in Kryta.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    In fact, Tyria and Elona are connected geographically, they are part of the same continent. In fact, there is a way to literally walk from Tyria to Elona, both endgames are connected.
    But IIRC the Desolation with its poisonous sufurous wastes are in the way. So it'd have to be by ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Konig Des Todes View Post
    Er, I meant that the concept was transported, i.e., they were built and moved or the blue prints were moved, or the builders themselves.

And I wasn't saying it wasn't impossible they were build there years prior to Nightfall, I was saying it had to be built prior to Nightfall as you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon
    after the events we partake in Cantha and Elona,
    which would mean that the architects went there during the events of Nightfall. :P
    ...That still doesn't really explain, at least in regards to built and moved, why they would build it in their homeland and then ship it. Convenient, perhaps, but if it can't work into the existing aqueducts, then they'd have a bit of an issue. It would simply be easier to have them go there and build it, rather than having a hole sitting in the ground with the aqueducts blocked up waiting to place the fountain there, as far as I'm concerned. Especially considering how valuable water should or would be in Elona.

After rereading the last part of your post, how on Tyria did you extrapolate that I was saying the fountains were built during the events of Nightfall? Whenever I said after the events we partake in I had intended it to convey after finishing the Nightfall campaign.

Edit: Blargh. My brain does not compute temporal occurrences well, as I don't perceive time in the normal manner of continually progressing forward. I see what you were trying to say now. Still, prior to all the wars and disasters that led to Elona, Cantha, and Tyria's relations dissolving they were likely closer than they had been whenever we began in Prophecies. That should work, to some extent.

Bloody time..Always going forward to Tyrian specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    How do we know the influence wasn't the other way around? There are both fountains and lion statues in Bokka's palace. Perhaps it was an Elonian architect who was brought to Kryta to build LA, and he designed both the fountains and statues there according to Vabbian styles. After all, lions are native to Elona, not Kryta. It would seem strange to import a Krytan to build such things in Vabbi, but not so strange to import an Elonian to build such things in Kryta.
    That's actually a very good point. However, we don't have any dates to tell us which was built first, Lion's Arch, or Kodash Bazaar, or Resplendent Makuun. Unless, they're lying about somewhere..