PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]

Is it worth trying to sell dedicated minis?

I have bunch of them just sitting on a mule, and I see no point in keeping most of them. I'd like to at least do something with the duplicates, mostly white first years. I'd hate to trash them, but I'm wondering if anyone would actually buy them.

Any recommendations?

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Looking at the list of first year whites, the only one that is vaguely desirable (IMO) is the siege turtle. You may be able to get a teeny bit of money (Probably no more than 1k) for that, the rest. enh. probably not, no.

Generally, you're looking at around 25-33% of the price of a dedicated for non-rare minis, so if the mini would only normally sell for like 2k, then yeah, not worth it. If you're unsure the price of un-ded minis when wanting to work out the rough price of a ded one, have a look around the price check forum! :)

You could potentially make a newbie happy though if you wanna try giving them away for free (if you don't mind explaining to them what minipets *are* a couple of times). Head to Ascalon or Shing Jea or somewhere on Istan (Kamadan is probably a bit on the busy side, though)
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    You could potentially make a newbie happy though if you wanna try giving them away for free (if you don't mind explaining to them what minipets *are* a couple of times). Head to Ascalon or Shing Jea or somewhere on Istan (Kamadan is probably a bit on the busy side, though)
    That's actually not a bad idea. I may do that. Thanks! ;)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    That's what I generally do with my minis, newbie greens, greens, and couple of other nice items I was unable to give away for free within the alliance.

I visit starter towns and offer to give them away. It's your decisions on how you do it - I prefer to give away profession-related items to characters of the same professon at level 10 or below. Higher levels don't have a need for baby greens and if they wanted one they can get one themselves.

One word of caution - you'd be surprised at how many people can be a jerk about you wanting to give away items. I've been called idiot, moron, and other pleasant names. Also there are people who whines about my gifting restrictions.

Achievements:
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Not terribly surprising. But being familiar with the internet has grown me a thick skin, most of the time. I promise not to make BaR look bad. ;)

GWOnline.Net Member
    well if you want ill take most of them off your hands. i just have them around for fun, and my hall of monuments is almost fulled with my minis o_o so i dont need anymore un-dedicated ones :)

ill take all your cheap ones if you decide to sell em, i heard un-dedicated 1st year whites are 400 each so yea

Achievements:
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Already gave them away, sorry. But I did make lots of folks in Ascalon happy. :) Even gave away a bunch of greens I had!

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    I think Larqh deserves a cookie.

GWOnline.Net Member
    -gives cookie- :)

Achievements:
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Awww... thanks. ^_^