new to GvG, and PvP in general, so i've been watching a few matches on observe mode, and what i've seen has brought up a few questions.
1) When observing a match, what do you look for? i've mostly been watching monks and warriors, as these 2 classes take up most of a team, and therefore are key to any team build. i've seen how some monks weapon swap and move, and this has helped me, but watching warriors hasn't given me any tips for that class. what should i be watching for? For midline players, what is the best clue that i'm watching a good Me, R, or Ele?
2) How are the observe matches selected? is it just the most recent GvG games or is there another factor?
3) Positioning. all other things equal, will a team that works for better position always come out ahead? Should frontliners charge into the backline, or do you want to harass their midline to improve your position?
4) What is more important, controlling the flag stand or pushing into the opposing base, or do they both go hand in hand? (from what i've seen, the team that controls the stand can always push into the base. am i overlooking something?)
5) Have splits fallen out of favor, or is that why a few teams run 3 monks? i haven't watched a split team in an observe match yet, so i'm wondering if this has just become impractical...
thanks for any insight you can give.