PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Few Questions On UwSc

Hi there, Im really wanting to know this and people debate it alot, I've been kick out of groups for certain reason you will find out in this thread.

People tell me I am a noob because I have Feigned when I do mnts. I have done 5 sucessful runs with DC but it feels wrong, I feel alot safer with Feigned. Im wanting to know, what do most people run in the GWO community?

This is rare but I was called a noob when I had SoH in a wastes build, they told me to bring DC instead. I could see how this works but can you charge in before any of the terrorwebs target the reaper?

In plains people tell me not to bring IAU, I dont understand why, they tell me to run this bar:
    [deadly paradox][shadow form][deaths charge][intensity][by urals hammer][glyph of lesser energy][ebon battle standard of honor][sliver armor]

In pools, should I run dark escape instead of IAU?

Thanks

WHy do people keep posting questions in the non question forum?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Noa Brightington View Post
    WHy do people keep posting questions in the non question forum?
    Is it supposed to be ironic that you're asking a question there? 'Cause I chuckled.

Yay godmode!

It seems you do not trust Shadow form. One thing to realize is the only threats to you are SF ending, in which case is doesn’t matter what your life was before it ended, you now have under 50 life, or about 1 hit. The other threat is when you hit a trap and start bleeding and are cripp’ed. You should be sporting a rune that shortens crip and bleed which will let you survive one of these, just don’t make it a habit and your ok.

I can not confirm it but I believe DC helps Sliver armor target, someone else can confirm this. But your job is to kill select targets, not a lot of things. If you can select your target for Sliver, the job is done.

The reason you are bringing I am Unstoppable must be in case you get hit with a trap. Well the consumables give you the speed boost and wise path selection will keep you from triggering a trap.

These skills you are bringing are just a mental crutch for you. Trust the mechanics more and you do not need these crutches.

If you must have some sort of healing/regen look to Shadow Sanctuary for that, it's like feigned but longer regen, and frankly the armor means nothing while in SF.
    Last edited by GrimShade; 03-07-2009 at 18:17.

Grimshade said it spot on. Trust SF and avoid traps. I do solo Plains runs all the time and I almost never take trap dmg. Just gotta pick your path well.

The build you posted is setup to kill as fast as possible with Sliver armor and to target things with DC. Sliver is pretty easy to aim at someone if you DC them before you are surrounded by a mass of baddies. Otherwise Sliver is totally random... I've had it killing the caster at half range instead of the melee body locking me, annoying to say the least.

So yeah, that build is prolly best if you trust SF and don't die to traps.

Ok yes I can do all alreas except mnts without degen and I have learned how to choose different paths if one is blocked. I was really just wanting to know if DC made a bigger compact.

Can be closed now

Quote Originally Posted by GrimShade View Post
    It seems you do not trust Shadow form. One thing to realize is the only threats to you are SF ending [and touch skils and AoE damage], in which case is doesn’t matter what your life was before it ended, you now have under 50 life, or about 1 hit. The other threat is when you hit a trap and start bleeding and are cripp’ed. You should be sporting a rune that shortens crip and bleed which will let you survive one of these, just don’t make it a habit and your ok.

I can not confirm it but I believe DC helps Sliver armor target, someone else can confirm this. But your job is to kill select targets, not a lot of things. If you can select your target for Sliver, the job is done. [Where is the evidence of this? I have not experienced this]

The reason you are bringing I am Unstoppable must be in case you get hit with a trap.[Actually, you bring it to Pools because if you get hit by a Charged Blackness, the KD will either mean you miss your SF cast and/or the other Charged catch you and finish you off with 4 more touches] Well the consumables give you the speed boost and wise path selection will keep you from triggering a trap.

These skills you are bringing are just a mental crutch for you. Trust the mechanics more and you do not need these crutches. [for new UWSC players, some skills are safer at the cost of taking longer - with the right group, these skills are appropriate until someone is intimate with the nuances of their area in UW]

If you must have some sort of healing/regen look to Shadow Sanctuary for that, it's like feigned but longer regen, and frankly the armor means nothing while in SF.[Armor is critical in UW - even with SF, which is why I always had 98 Armor vs a specific, appropriate element based on my area]
    With respect, you are wrong on every single point.

Sorry, but there is a lot more to worry about than just traps. Have you guys ever done a UWSC? SF only prevents spell and physical attacks - it does not stop touch or AoE damage.

Pools: Charged Blackness use an Air Magic Touch skill with KD.
    Pits: you can get hit with an AoE hex (Feast of Corruption)
    Ice Wastes: Cold Fires will AoE hex you
    Ice Wastes: Smite Crawlers, if hit by the Cold Fires hex will use Smite Hex and cause you AoE
    Ice Wastes: Smite Crawlers use Zealots Fire for more AoE

Terror Web Dryders: If there are 2 players in the area, the Dryders will use Lava Font to do AoE damage.

When you used to be able to do UWSC with an E/A, I used a different set of armor and shield for each area - Air damage for Pools, Fire Damage for Wastes, etc. It made a big difference.

Now everyone uses A/E due to the SF and Essence of Celerity nerfs so I have to get more EoTN faction levels before I can go back.

In general, UWSC is a very risky and expensive run that takes a lot of precision and competence. There are many veteran players that do this constantly as it is one of the best money generators in the game. There is very little tolerance for different builds. Frankly, most things have been tried in an effort to shave seconds off the run. If a team thinks you have noob build, listen to them.

If you want to be an individual, go do something else. If you want to get rich, then talk less, listen to other people and do what they say. It does not take a lot to be blackballed and many people keep lists of problem players and share the lists with others.
    Last edited by Dire Nova; 03-07-2009 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Nova View Post

If you want to be an individual, go do something else. If you want to get rich, then talk less, listen to other people and do what they say. It does not take a lot to be blackballed and many people keep lists of problem players and share the lists with others.
    That is why I learned, it bothers me tho some people rather have a bigger risk of dying than being safe.

And what are all the element based shields we need in this?

Fire for Wastes. Lightning for Pools, Piercing for the run and mnts?
    Last edited by Newb Sai Bott; 03-07-2009 at 21:21.

I don't see why you need DC on plains. You have to kill everything around the Reaper so it doesn't really matter what you target first; just stay out of range of terrorwebs.

I run IAU there so I can cover Pools/Mtns if they fail. Otherwise you can't really cast anything with more than 3 charged on you since they can chain shock, and sometimes 2-3 charged follow you to the Reaper of the Spawning Pools.

Shadow Sanctuary is a PvE skill and you don't want to drop EBSoH, Ural's, or IAU for that in Pools/Mtns.