PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

40th Anniversary of the First Moon Landing

Last edited by Feannag; 20-07-2009 at 18:52.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    The moon is a hoax!

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    (yes, I know there's a typo in the thread title)
    Fixed.

And cue the hoax blather.
    mv

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Fixed.
    Thanks, Chief.

Can't say that I know enough to make a definite proclamation on whether it actually took place or not -though Wikipedia has a nice run-down of the common Moon Hoax points, I've never read or seen any real debates over it, so I'll be cautiously reserved-.

But still; here's a little something to commemorate.
    -Believe what you wish to believe, human; be my guest.
    But do show the courtesy of presenting actual, provable evidence -rather than speculation and conjecture- before proclaiming it The Truth, rather than try and make yourself a name harrassing those who by all indications actually DID push the boundaries of our knowledge.

And oh well: Salute, Yanks; well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Can't say that I know enough to make a definite proclamation on whether it actually took place or not -though Wikipedia has a nice run-down of the common Moon Hoax points, I've never read or seen any real debates over it, so I'll be cautiously reserved-.
    The rub with the hoax theory is that any reasonably assembled hoax which could withstand any scrutiny is at least an order of magnitude more difficult than actually going there. It's like faking a trip to the dry cleaners.

An excellent site that deals with the "hoax" topic.

http://www.clavius.org/

And yes, we did go there.

Or, you could watch Mythbusters, they really did smash the hoax theories pretty well.

I've been looking up on this subject alot lately, been watching the Series "When We Left Earth: The Nasa Missions" and it was great. Seeing how much trouble they had to actually get there makes it so much more impressive.

As for the Hoaxes: The way the dust moves around on the footage is proof enough that it isn't fake. Also the Retro-Reflectors placed by the Apollo 11 crew is a good proof too.