PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elex Aio View Post
    I'm hoping that, while connected to lore, you can create a sylvari of any season year round. Having to wait till winter to make a winter sylvari would suck, ect.
    Lol. The season thing is probably just going to be the name of the professions the Sylvari have, and not something decided over at what time we create a character. That would be extremely stupid.

Erasculio

Or it could just be connected to the set of hair styles/skin types you can pick from.

Restricting certain details about a character depending on the time of day that they are created would be a bad move, imo. Just because a Sylvari character was created at a certain time of day doesn't mean it was 'born' at the same time of day.

Fair point. There could also just be a drop-down selection for what type you want, I suppose.

Was just catching up on the tweets, and it looks like they'll be posting videos of the Q&A's on their Youtube channel at some point. Probably not until PAX is wrapped up, given how crazy its been at the booth, but we'll see...

PS, oh, and it was Matt Medina that was there signing yesterday, not Matt Barrett. His signature was tough to read.

I guess it wouldn't be too annoying if it depended on time of day. A minor annoyance though.

But creating a sylvari at a certain time of day could mean it was born that time of day, pve-lorewise. Sylvari are born fully-aware (probably not experienced though) and could be born upon character creation.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I have a few questions all about the same thing: whats the situation with assassins in GW2? will the class still exist? will its mechanics still be the same as GW or was the class reworked?

Quote Originally Posted by RadaArashi View Post
    I have a few questions all about the same thing: whats the situation with assassins in GW2? will the class still exist? will its mechanics still be the same as GW or was the class reworked?
    They won't talk about game mechanics this year, so don't expect those answers any time soon.

Erasculio

A few popped up at this site. Credit goes to Odinius at GuildWars2Guru.

I can confirm these two images are from the book. There are other pictures on that site, but they don't seem to be GW related. This is that one of the hooded female with the rapier:

And this one comes from the Orr section at the end:
    Last edited by patrickvp; 06-09-2009 at 04:43.

I WANT THAT BOOK!!!

And that woman seems to me to be a true mesmer. I think they were going to have a rapier as their main weapon, right?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    to me she looks dervi-ish, not because of the hood, but because it seems she's a spell caster (why? i have no clue xD but she looks like a spell caster to meeee) and she's carrying a melee weapon. spell castin + melee = dervi-ish ^.^