PC Gaming News
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_62 View Post

Farscape
    This show came from Gene Roddenberry just before he died (iirc, he passed before the first episode aired), but it is an amazing series. A bit hard to follow at times, but good stories, plot lines, sub plots, etc. I haven't watched it in a while, but the character development left a bit to be desired. I liked the show a lot, though there were some empty spaces I felt could have been explained a bit better. 7/10
    Roddenberry? Try Rockne O'Bannon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farscape

Also, 26 yr old Claudia Black ... rowr! pant-pant
    Last edited by Lochhi; 03-12-2011 at 21:28.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    My dose of TV series updates for this week:

Once Upon a Time - Growing up with the original fairytales being read to me in my childhood days, to the Czech movies from the 70s, to today's re-does from German TV (which are very good by the way and will go to a 4th season this Christmas, for a total of 24 tales), I had to adapt to the Disney world style of the fairytale realm. Once I accepted the cheesiness & sugarcoating the first four episodes have been nice to watch.

Glee - Nothing really new to say about that, although the last three episodes have been better in terms of songs (e.g. the Adele mash up). The show still suffers from the same problems since season 3 started: too many characters, constant change in character motivation & too many *** plots (seriously, it is not entertaining anymore). NBC will start to air "Smash" soon, which seems to be a more grown up musical variant & also has Katharine McPhee who can sing. (There is full song vid out there, which might be barred for people outside of the US; just google her name and "Beautiful")

Castle - German TV is lagging behind, so I will have to wait for season 4, but my excitement for the show is still very high.

CSI:NY - Sela Ward was a breath of fresh air and NY is still my favorite of the three (Vegas never caught up after Grisom left and Miami as been bad from the start)

Battlestar Galactica - Christmas holidays might give me the time to continue watching past season one. It was something different for a Sci-Fi series and only time is keeping me away from it so far.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Dexter Season Finale
    Spoiler

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Glee - Nothing really new to say about that, although the last three episodes have been better in terms of songs (e.g. the Adele mash up). The show still suffers from the same problems since season 3 started: too many characters, constant change in character motivation & too many *** plots (seriously, it is not entertaining anymore).
    C'mon, Gorani, that's not how the entertainment world works. If you don't want all ***, all the time, you're clearly a homophobe.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    C'mon, Gorani, that's not how the entertainment world works. If you don't want all ***, all the time, you're clearly a homophobe.
    The world in general, not just the entertainment world. Today's phrase of acceptance: 'Hey, some of my best friends are ***,' which has supplanted the older version 'Hey, some of my best friends are black.'
    mv

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I'll hug you too, no matter what sexual orientation you have.

Back to TV stuff:

"Leverage" is entertaining, but I never understood, why some people who like that series could not be excited about "Hustle", which is the "British, gentlemen variant" of the same story (although they do not have a "hitter"), but are more witty and don't need that much technical equipment.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Hey, some of my friends are atheists.

I'm looking forward to people saying that some of their friends are agnostics.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The internet made it possible for me to watch Glee's "I kissed a girl" & "Christmas" episode today and while the "kissed" episode had great songs (as an old Melissa Etheridge fan, I liked Puck and Finn's Cindy was something very different) the Christmas episode was rubbish.

BGS is on my schedule next week :)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I decided to give "Falling Skies" a chance, as I recorded it on my DVR a few weeks ago. At first, thought I missed the first episode, as you get pushed right into the action (only a kid explaining some drawings of the alien invasion was used as an intro - kind of a nice idea). After that it went downhill: An alien invasion force that can not track groups of people smaller than 500 persons? They kidnap kids and control them with a bio-mechanical centipede on the spine (I think I have seen that before somewhere). alien foot soldiers that hundreds of bullets at 10 meters, but get killed by a shotgun at close range? Stereotypical cardboard characters and silly motivations for what those guys do?

I wonder if I should try to watch another episode or justt return to my plan to watch season two of BSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochhi View Post
    Roddenberry? Try Rockne O'Bannon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farscape

Also, 26 yr old Claudia Black ... rowr! pant-pant
    Farscape is an awesome series, although is takes a while before it really becomes a continuous story. As is often the case with any scifi show, the first season has a lot of seperate adventures. But towards season two is becomes more of a seamless ride. Farscape was however ended rather suddenly, just like with Firefly. In fact, it ended on such an extreme cliffhanger, that it was shocking to hear that there would not be a conclusion due to the show suddenly being cancelled. And just like Firefly, it had a follow up movie "The Peacekeeper Wars" to finish up the story. So if you are one of those Farscape fans who wants to know how the series ended, get your hands on The Peacekeeper Wars, because its pretty epic (and does a good job tying all the loose ends).

Farscape is not without its flaws though. You have to like the Jim Henson puppetry, because the show is full of puppets. The show also has its own crazyness that sets the show apart from other scifi series. It might not be to everyone's liking. At some point the main character is cloned, and the show actually deals with all the issues of having two people that are one and the same. Thats where it gets complicated, especially when the show often cuts away to the main character's imagination, where he confronts his nemesis Scorpio (who through some sort of implant became a part of his consciousness at some point in the show). It's all very entertaining, but to some that may be a lot to take in.