PC Gaming News
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Update... the two CSI seasons are... still in their package.

I love the show too, but I just don't watch TV much, and especially not on my own. I watch TV with my fiancee & kid, but they like other shows.
    Doh! lol The nerve! I have all 12 seasons (they're on 13 now) and they're all opened and have been watched multiple times. Although it's possible that years down the road, those unopened DVD sets might be worth some money. Who knows?

Uh...nothing new here, just watching CSI and The Vampire Diaries on their respective nights, as well as The Big Bang Theory (I have to tape it though; it's on the same time on the same night as TVD, and it takes precedence haha), and I still need to buy Wolf Lake. Hopefully tomorrow when I pick up the new Spider-Man.

So, just recently I was told about BBC's Sherlock and Misfits. I found them both enjoyable. Misfits is very mature, so be careful.

Sherlock is only 3 episodes a year, but each one is like a movie as they are 90 minutes in length. It's a modern take on Sherlock Holmes, and they've done a very good job of the cinematography and characters. I don't want to spoil the story, but Watson is an ex-soldier from Afghanistan and Sherlock is a young incredibly eccentric detective who becomes Watson's his roommate.

Misfits is about a group of probabtion workers who get super powers after an electrical storm. The show usually takes place at the community center and involves dealing with bizarre scenarios... that usually end with someone needing to be killed. lol
    Incredibly rude, and dark humour. But it's got a no rules as far as I can tell, which makes it so fun to watch.
    Here's a video clip as an example.
    Last edited by Manwithtwohands; 30-11-2012 at 01:50.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    I concur on Sherlock, a brilliant show. Very much worth watching.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Just finished season 1 of Homeland. Wow, can't believe I missed that last year. I'm starting on season 2 and enjoying it.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Dexter season 7 ended last night. Really great season, bummed there is only one more to go. It felt a little rushed to me, like you could tell that they had intended it to end across only one more season and then had to cram stuff in.

Spoiler
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Smash - First Season

In the first season, Julia (Debra Messing) and Tom (Christian Borle), a Broadway songwriter and composer team come up with the idea of a new musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe, which is entitled Bombshell after its first workshop. Producer Eileen Rand (Anjelica Huston), who is divorcing her philandering husband with whom she also produced Broadway shows, jumps on board and brings with her Derek Wills (Jack Davenport), a difficult but brilliant director/choreographer. The group casts Ivy Lynn (Megan Hilty) as Marilyn, but Ivy has to deal with competition and jealousy from talented but naive newcomer Karen Cartwright (Katharine McPhee), who was in the running for the role and who takes a role in the ensemble

I am currently watching it as German TV airs the complete first season this prolonged weekend. Perhaps the most important question is: How much musical is it? And - how does it differ from "Glee".
    It has 3-5 full musical numbers each episode and a few small snippets during "rehearsals", which is about the same that Glee has, but less a stage performance would have. Smash has a lot more original songs than Glee and those all revolve around the Marilyn Monroe musical that is created. Unlike Glee (IMO), those songs are great. Other songs are well integrated into the story. Katharine McPhee (whom I have developed a major crush on the last two days) & Megan Hilty are great in their performances (a duet highlight is the drunk singing on Times Square, Rihanna's "Cheers"), but I also like the fact that (unlike Glee again) shows the process of writing, directing and producing the musical (Anjelica Houston trying to raise money in the first few episodes is enjoyable). The "wanna-be producer" Ellis is very annoying and hopefully someone shoots him for whatever reason before the season ends.

I saw that there is/will be a second season. Lets see if they can keep up with an interesting plot for that (That was pretty much Glee's problem after season 2)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Spoiler
    Yes, a pretty good season for sho'. As to your quote above, once she did that I was all like, "Aaaagh! AMATEUR!"

Looking forward to the final season 8. Also looking forward to the continuation of Game of Thrones, as well as the finale (EXCITED) to Breaking Bad. Oh yeah, then True Blood eventually comes back sometime.

HBO just signed some 10-year contract that'll keep its content off of Netflix.

How deluded are they? Do they not know what their real competition is the pirate bay? Make it easier to get your product and people will willingly pay for a convenient, legal method.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Doesn't having an HBO subscription automatically get you HBO Go, though?
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Doesn't having an HBO subscription automatically get you HBO Go, though?
    It does, but that also requires having cable TV in the first place.
    Or having HBO available in your country, for those on other continents.

Not everybody wants to pay additional fees on top of ridiculous fees. That's why Hulu & Netflix exist. Traditional TV needs to realize that making their content tied to cable companies is only grooming half of the new generation to pirate/download. Some people simply won't watch the show, like me... but that's a minority for anyone reading online forums. Many are going to pirate because they want to watch the show, but not pay ~$100 for cable/internet and then whatever HBO costs.

Either way, HBO is making less money than they would if they'd simply have a less obtuse business model. I think major networks also miss out by not streaming their own content via subscription sites or their own, but hey... what do I know? It seems no one with my perspective works for big entertainment networks.

/media in the digital age rant...
    Just make it easy and people will pay reasonable amounts of money for it, stupid networks/publishers!
    (see: iTunes, Steam, Netflix, etc)
    Last edited by Zalis; 07-01-2013 at 15:47.