PC Gaming News
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Game of Thrones, season 2 will start on April 1st 2012 - is now officially confirmed.

I really hope they will ship the season 1 blu rays around that time too, so we can re-watch season one to get into the mood again.

PS: I have developed serious issues with A Dance of Dragons (~70% done right now), but will write about that in the book thread when I am done.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I'm nearing the end of book 3 (Clash of Kings), and find a lot of characters dying quite suddenly. I won't spoil who. Lots of interesting twists, Clash of Kings really is a page turner.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    BTW, TV production has moved to Iceland for scenes "beyond The Wall", no new video though.

PS: A Clash of Kings is book #2. D you mean A Storm of Swords? Both are great, because the focus still is on big things happening or just "I can't believe what I just read" moments like the Unsullied training/recruitment (although I think Rob refers to the r.w.)

If you start getting lost with all the stuff happening (hello Ironborn, Dornish, Free Cities, Slaver's Bay and their population), take a look at the Wiki of Ice and Fire: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/
    Last edited by Gorani; 15-01-2012 at 18:48.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I have the 1st season DVRed. Once it hits Blu Ray I'll pick it up. Watched all 10 episodes once again this past Sunday, neglecting football in the process.

250 pages into Storm of Swords. Really makes me wonder how much CGI it'll take for the 3rd season when they show some of the non human members of the wildling horde moving south and battle at The Fist of the First Man. Then again the second season will take some work with Melisandre and her way of spawning killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    Then again the second season will take some work with Melisandre and her way of spawning killers.
    And I think we're all looking forward to seeing THAT.

But lets not spoil too much for those that haven't read any of the other books yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    PS: A Clash of Kings is book #2. D you mean A Storm of Swords?
    Whoopsy, yes thats what I meant.

I'm pretty far into Storm of Swords right now, and there's quite a few shocking deaths as well, one after the other. Won't say who.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    A small update on the blu-rays:
    It looks like the German language version (we all will re-watch the original of course, but my mum won't) will have the same running time than the US version, so no cuts (as there have been some rumours about that)

An there is an video about art direction & filming in Croatia we haven't linked here yet: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/

Iron Islands, Harrenhal, Dragonstone.... awesoooome! Thanks for the great link. This is so amazing, to barely have finished the book, and already see them working on the chapters I just read. When you read a book, I think everyone has a very unique image in their head what everything looks like. Harrenhal especially was well described in the book. I'm really excited to see it brought to the screen.

King's Landing is being shot in Kroatia, what a beautiful location! Those actors must be feeling really lucky, to be able to shoot in such an exotic location, wearing the most awesome outfits (Emilia Clarke/Deinaerys especially). I wonder how they are going to film the scenes in the bay of King's Landing. That stuff should be massive. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that has to be done digital.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 29-01-2012 at 11:33.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Squeeee....

New trailer out for season two! (see link in my last post)

Youtube link for those to lazy look up

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    For Rob: I think we get a short glimpse at Melissandre "working her magic" at the end of the clip.

PS: I hope the lance & shield warriors at the Daenerys section will not be the Unsullied. Those HAVE to look more impressive!