PC Gaming News
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

This is awesome. Looks like both Melisandre and Davos have been well cast. Carice van Houten is creepy as the red sorceress from Assai. Makes me a little proud, a bit of Dutch talent on Game of Thrones. The night is dark and full of terrors. Good Dwayna, she can make any line sound epic and creepy.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 27-03-2012 at 00:12.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    By the way, a question since I have yet to watch a single episode of this: Is this series so far based only on the first book, or are they calling it Game of Thrones even though it is encompassing the whole story?

And why should I watch it when GRRM seems nowhere near even thinking about thinking about completing thinking about completing the series?

I cheated, that was two questions.
    mv

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    By the way, a question since I have yet to watch a single episode of this: Is this series so far based only on the first book, or are they calling it Game of Thrones even though it is encompassing the whole story?
    They named the series after the first book, but season 2 will cover book 2. It will still be called Game of Thrones, but they plan to cover all the books eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    And why should I watch it when GRRM seems nowhere near even thinking about completing the series?
    GRRM actually does have plans on how the saga should end, and plans to write at least two more books. One of which he is writing right now. Some of the books are quite big, so I expect they will need more than one season to cover all of it. So far the series have been extremely close to the books, and they haven't dropped a thing.

So start watching it now, you won't regret it. The first season was amazing, but having read the second and third book, it is going to get a whole lot better. There are some chilling events in store for us this season, and some really exciting plot twists. And even though GRRM hasn't concluded the saga yet, he is clearly steering the whole to a conclusion. This isn't one of those series like Lost or Heroes, where there doesn't seem to be a goal or finale planned.

When I started watching, I was hooked right after the very first episode. It is interesting to note that the cliff hanger at the end of the first episode is exactly like one of the chapters ends in the book, right down to every line of dialogue and the pacing of the scene. It is like the books were written to be put to film.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 29-03-2012 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    The night is dark and full of terrors. Good Dwayna, she can make any line sound epic and creepy.
    Bah. The best line so far was Old Nan.

"Fear is for winter.......... yatta yatta yatta" I'm not going to waste time typing it all out, most of probably know it by heart.

Next season is starting in a week? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    During my beta-breaks this weekend I zapped into the German dubbed version of GoT on TV and was puzzled why they decided to translate the names of the characters (I know they did that in the books though). Jon Schnee anybody ? Did not like it. Hopefully Amazon will ship the blu-ray box in time, so it will arrive at home, before I leave for vacation. I promised some people the chance to see it while I am away.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Amazon.de sent me an email this morning that my season 1 blu-ray box is on its way. The rest of the world will probably get theirs too tomorrow.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Amazon.de sent me an email this morning that my season 1 blu-ray box is on its way. The rest of the world will probably get theirs too tomorrow.
    Let us know if it is worth it. I'm curious to know if the blu-ray box has lots of extras and behind the scenes stuff.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Let us know if it is worth it. I'm curious to know if the blu-ray box has lots of extras and behind the scenes stuff.
    I'll check, but I don't know what has be released on the web already before season 1 started, as I have not been hyped about the series before I saw the first two episodes.

PS: Listed as specials

Making of
    15 Character profile clips => short 2 min clips that provide a short intro to the personality, though I have missed Jorah & the Spider
    Creating the Dothraki language
    Inside the Night's Watch
    From Book to Screen
    Creating the Show Open
    7 Audio Commentaries Guide to Westeros

Blu-ray Exclusive Features

Complete Guide to Westeros => actors narrate to "painterly cinematics" about stuff like the First Man, the Andals etc. Great background to those who did not read the books (e.g. the Baratheon rebellion, the Battle of the Trident, the Mad King etc.)
    In-Episode Guide
    Anatomy of an Episode - like an extensive audio commentary of episode six
    Hidden Dragon Eggs

Every blu-ray has some extras on them, I guess it will take some time to see them all. They are
    There was a picture booklet included with still photography from the series, but which idiot got the idea of glueing it to the box!
    Last edited by Gorani; 31-03-2012 at 13:48.

Alright, just saw the first episode of season 2. There are obviously going to be spoilers here. So unless you've seen the episode, consider yourself warned.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 02-04-2012 at 11:52.