Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointless View Post
    Around January - February next year, like last season.
    It was more of a rhetorical question.

I hope we get some more "making of stuff" on the blu-rays this time, after it was mostly interviews last time. Do I have to point out the unrivalled awesomeness of the LOTR extended version DVDs again?

I really hope they can continue the quality of adapting the books (as they have deviated from the series a lot now in certain parts - Rob's & Danaery's story line) without getting LOST. Taking the battle at the Blackwater to a much smaller scale worked well, while keeping the essence of all protagonists. The complete re-work of Dany's story had to be done, because we all agree, that it was a weak point of the total plot happening up to that point. The final scene was pretty epic, although the "hatching" from season one left an even bigger "wow expression" on my face.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I tried to watch the series, but there are so many deviations and unnecessary scenes that detract from the story that I know from the books that I didn't really enjoy it much. I'll just keep waiting for the next book I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    More People Pirate Game of Thrones Than Watch Game of Thrones on HBO

Maybe if cable TV plus the premium charge for HBO weren't so bloody expensive...
    They expect people in countries that don't have HBO to wait 1-2 years, what do they expect. (though I saw an ad a while ago about HBO coming to a dutch cable company, might get it if there's an option to disable the subtitles)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Diana Rigg as Olena Tyrell! I also like the tom boy look they could get out of the girl they have cast as Meera Reed.

A lot of British actors I guess, from their accent.
    Last edited by Gorani; 15-07-2012 at 14:56.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I still can't make myself watch that show. I'll stick with the books. Hopefully Martin will finish the next one before 2030...

Those all seem perfectly cast! Especially the Queen of Thorns and the Reeds. I'm really excited to see all these new characters that I know from the books.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

The ComiCon recap of season 2. Covers pretty much every important thing (SPOILER ALERT)

Dance with Dragons hits paperback in the US 8/28.

Sadly I have a previous engagement that day that was planned sometime in advance.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    Dance with Dragons hits paperback in the US 8/28.
    Got it on my Kindle when it came out in hard cover.

Curse you Buddah for reminding me of my withdrawal of Tyrion's snappy comments, the approaching white walkers and I really want my Khaleesi back!

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Lets start the waiting game for season 3.